• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't sleep :-(

littlebump

Reaction score
Hi all

Soooo fed up of not being able to sleep - I'm totally exhausted :( . It's not like I can get any rest in the day either as Maddie wakes between 6-7am. DH is doing what he can but even if he gets up with her on a weekend, once I'm awake I'm too uncomfortable to get back to sleep.

Anyway as I've been awake for an hour already and it's only 04:20am, I thought I'd try and unwind with some warm milk and pass some time on the computer.

Anyone got any suggestions for easing pain/discomfort in night and generally getting a better night's sleep???

LBxx

Hi

sorry your going through this hun im in the same position, and Kiara has been waking at 6 am every night but im thinking its beacuse its much brighter now :? I guess it wont change till our LO's our born thenit will only get worse!
Hope you get some sleep tonight :hug:
Katrina

i'v been up since 5 :roll:

couldnt get back to sleep :x

so i kno how u feel! :hug:

Thanks ladies - did manage to go back to bed at around 5am and slept to 7am. Still knackered. You're right Katrina - it will get worse once our LOs are born :( but at least that only lasts a few weeks - I really can't wait to lay down comfortably though!

LBxx

I use my relaxation CD littlebump, which always sends me off. Do you have some comfy pillows to help you get comfortable in bed? I really hope you find some comfort soon, and get some good, quality rest :hug:

I know exactly how you feel, it can almost make you cry with frustration when you just can't get comfy.
Luckily we have a spare bed I've been sleeping on that, somehow having more room and a harder mattress has helped me! oh and tons of pillows.
Also, my pilates teacher taught me a really good breathing technique which sends me off to sleep 9 times out of 10.
When you breathe in/out, take as deep breaths as you can manage, and between each in/out and out/in, hold it for just a couple of seconds. Apparently it releases some kind of relaxing message from your brain to your body. And it really does work!
Best of luck anyway

:hug: LB I totally sympathise.

I wake at around 5am then just cat nap till the alarm goes off. Once I'm awake I need a wee then can't get comfy again.

Have you tried having a Radox bath (not too hot) before bed or a milky drink? I find these help me drop off to sleep but I still wake at that stupid time. :(

Maybe we are getting in practice for when the baby arrives and wants an early feed? :hug:

If you are going to have a Radox bath you might wanna steer clear of the blue one (i think) it has clary sage in it, which i remember from my last pregnancy being warned that it can induce early labour! :shock:

OverTheMoon said:
If you are going to have a Radox bath you might wanna steer clear of the blue one (i think) it has clary sage in it, which i remember from my last pregnancy being warned that it can induce early labour! :shock:

Oh :shock: I never knew that and that's the one I've been using! oops

I have been having a hot milk and a nice bath before bed and it does get me off to sleep right enough, but it's waking up early hours that's the killer.

This morning I was awake from 2pm until 5.30am. Maddie woke at 6.30am. THANKFULLY my MIL is back from hols and she was able to come and pick Maddie up and take her for a few hours so I managed to go back to bed at 10.30am but even then only slept for 45 minutes before I got too uncomfortable :(

I remember getting like this at the end of my last pregnancy so am really hoping it means baby is imminent as being this knackered while looking after a toddler sucks.

I like the idea of a relaxation CD though - what do you have Redshoes?

LBxx

Glad I am not the only one suffering.... I either cannot get to sleep at all and lie there until about 2am, or I go straight to sleep and wake up at about 2am for a few hours!

Is driving me mad!! :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back