Can't shake the worry...

Lyonsb

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know we all worry about this ALL the time and I have been reassured by you all about this before, but i'm just really worrying that things aren't ok with my little one...

I am not sure whether I've felt any little movements or not as I'm not really sure what I'm looking out for. And after reading poor Ally's 'DEVASTATED' post about the baby's heart tragically stopping beating in the 25th week, I'm even more convinced now that something terrible could happen and I just want to burst into tears... I wish our baby's could pick up on this when we're worried and give us a good kicking!!

If I rang my midwife and asked to go in for her to check the heartbeat and put my mind at rest, do you think she would do it?...Before I even got out of bed this morning I was crying on my OH and just willing my baby to move or do ANYTHING to let me know that he or she is ok in there...My OH was telling me that everything is fine and we will havea healthy little baby in there but I just can't shake this feeling that something is wrong and it's doing my head in...

Not feeling very happy at all....

:(

:hug: I see no reason why your midwife can't see you to put your mind at rest. If you really really worried, you could pop to A&E or your pregnancy unit and they could check for you. Also, have you thought of getting one of those angel sounds machines? They are under £30, but at least you could put your mind at rest whenever you were worried. Here is the link:-

http://www.babymad.com/index.php?page=s ... &Itemid=26

Good Luck and I'm sure everything is fine x

I've got one that my Mum got me which is from Mothercare I think but when I tried it the other day I couldn't really make anything out and it says that it's best used from 22 weeks or something so I think it's made me worry even more....

Maybe I'll ring my midwife later then and see if I can pop in...

thanks x x

You seem really distressed about this so if i was you i would definatley go and see your midwife if you can and maybe afterwards you could invest in a doppler? You can pick some up quite cheap on Ebay and whenever im having an off day or feeling unsure i always get it out :) edit: DOH! Silly me just read your previous post :oops:

What happened to Ally was truly tragic and i know everyones heart broke for her reading her thread :( But it is very rare that miscarrages happen later on, so just try to remember that.

Hope you feel better soon sweetie :hug: :hug:

I feel exactly the same, I think because all my symptoms have gone but I can't feel any kicks yet it's made me worry that Baby isn't there. I've already been to my midwife in my first trimester with similar worries when I was bleeding so don't feel like I can go again. OH said he didn't think we should get a doppler in case we couldn't hear anything and worried but i'm wondering whether to just get one anyway. :(

I know how you feel. I had a good cry this morning because I was scared something wrong. I can feel baby now, but in between kicks i worry constantly...

Hi there I can totally understand how you feel and I see no harm in visting your midwife for reassurance. But, I just wanted you to know that I didn't really start feeling any kicks until I was about 22 weeks and even then they weren't that strong, it's only now that I am 27 weeks that the kicks have began to feel like proper kicks. So every pregnancy is different and I was quite skinny before I got pregnant. But, I do understand your worry, sometimes it is good to visit your midwife to put your mind at rest. :hug:

Sarah x

Don't worry too much chicken,your only 18 weeks so the kicking will come and go for a few weeks.
Go and see your midwife though.
:wave:

All I can say from experience this and last time is the stage between the first and second scans is the longest. Because you're not massive or feeling like shite every day (well most of us) it's easy to 'forget' about the pregnancy, and then you feel awful like you're not pregnanct any more!

If you're that worried get checked but pleased be reassured that what you're feeling is par for the course :hug:

Hun if you're really worried then I would push for an appt with MW.. if I was your MW I would rather push a routine appt aside with someone else to help someone like you out who has a concern which could easily be put to rest and be better for both Mummy and baby.

Seriously push for an appt hun, I would. And I know what you mean, after Allys news, it's shaken us all up not surprisingly. I have been monitoring babys movements today more than I usually would.. trying everything to get her to move just to stop myself from panicking!

Let us all know how you get on Lyonsb.. xxx

Reading your post was like reading something I wrote myself! I have been feeling exactly the same way since I no longer feel ill but then my stomach isn't that big either. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant. I think I can feel movement but I am not sure and it isn't all that often.

I decided not to buy a doppler because I think I would become obsessed with listening and then get more worried if I couldn't find the heartbeat. I think it would cause more stress and, at the end of the day, there is nothing we can do if the baby isn't going to make.

Like you, Ally's news has really upset me.

Not sure this is any consolation except to say that you aren't alone!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I think the girls have said it all, but i just wanted to send you (well all of us) some hugs.
:hug:
xx

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your lovely and reassuring messages!

On Friday me and my boyfriend were due to go to Wales for the weekend to a wedding and I knew I wouldn't relax if I didn't know that everything was ok. So I called my midwife and went round to the birthing unit and they let me listen to the heartbeat so that was good! I felt so much better after, hearing the little one in there. And the midwife said that it sounded like the baby was moving about in there so I feel much better now.

I've got my 20 weeks scan next Tuesday so that should be good too, to actually see the baby again!

My midwife (well A midwife - I've not actually met mine yet 3 appointments down the line!) told me that it's quite normal for a first pregnancy not to feel anything until 21-22 weeks so I think I was just being neurotic. But still, better to be safe than sorry I guess!

Lots of love x x x x

I never felt any movement until nearly 21 weeks, and that started with 2 faint "taps", in the weeks since though her kicks have become alot stronger :) Your LO will start moving and kicking for you soon hun :)

I was 22 weeks before i felt anything and then it was bigger kicks not flutters lol.

My placenta is at the front too which shadows kicks :) xx

Awww im glad you got checked out and hope you feel better now :)

we all worry hun it is part and parcel of being pregnant i thought i would be better 2nd time around but im worse!

as far as movements go i had movements around 13 weeks and then nothing til 17 weeks and then i had nothing for a week and i panicked too especially when your symptoms die down its so easy to worry, no midwife would think bad of you for ringing them and getting your worries checked out, so don't stew give them a ring. im sure everything is fine. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back