Cant shake the worry

Beckyjane

Reaction score
Well has a small bleed on sunday night after sex, was harly anything but scared me BIG time. So me and OH went off to hospital to be check.

They listened to Baby and that was fine, could feel movemnts i was so thankful for that, then had to wait 5 hours to see doctor.

well junior doctor came and did internal to check cervix, she said all look fine but "cervix a little open!?!?!?" then said "well i just need to check what to do with you now cos i dont think thats right...."

Off she went cue me in floods of tears....

Comes back "i have spoken to my supieor and thats fine apparently you can go home now"

well i went home could sleep at all, had a few pains yesterday, im sure they are nothing out of the ordinary but every little thing now is panicing me!!

Please someone reassure me! Feeling baby move loads and no more blood, i was just starting to enjoy this pregancy and now im terrified of looseing my bumpus.... xx

go for a 2nd option if ur not happy. go ur docs or call ur midwife.

Is this your first baby hun ? after you have had your first your cervix can be very slightly open from what i remember and it isnt anything to worry about . if you are still worried though i would definatly go and get another opinion

No its my first.

I called a widwife at the hosp yesterday and she said they would not have sent me home if they werent happy... feeling bit better about it today, at work so its taking my mind off it. No more blood and baby is kicking away.

Wish i didnt worry so much!! might call my midwife later and just tell her the story..... xx

Im sure all will be fine sweetie ...but yep run it by your own midwife if it will make you feel more comfortable

Sure all's well hun. If you can feel baby moving then it's a very good sign and the hospital wouldn't have sent you away if they were in any danger. It does annoy me how flippant they can be sometimes. I had a really nasty dose of food poisoning at the weekend and was very upset and worried. Both the hospital and the midwife basically told me not to worry and that they wouldn't see me until i was 24 weeks anyway! I guess they see these things all the time, but it would be nice if they could be a little more understanding.

Sure you'll be fine. If you are worried then ring your midwife later but as i said, movements would suggest your bubs is fine xx

Ive only just seen this post - but I would say the same as the other girls, thats what the midwife is there for, if you are at all worried then call her, much better than being stressed out hun :) xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks, for all your replys girls, i called my widwife in the end and she told me to CHILL OUT! lol, feeling fine the last couple of days and bubs is very active so thats good.

Looking forward to Tuesday - V Day! Woooooop :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back