Can't keep up!

jennilisanne

Reaction score
Hey,

Sophia is just over two weeks and is wanting feeding more than ever. I thought it was just a growth spurt, but it's been days! She feeds about every two hours, even at night, and I just don't think my boobs can keep up, they're not getting as full as they used to as there just isn't time, so she finishes one side and moves to the other!

Should she be feeding this often still, I thought it was supposed to be every 4 hours- I need some proper sleep!!

Kieron has just started going 4-5 hours for 1 feed at night,2-3 for the other night feeds and he could easily feed every half an hour durin the day somedays. He only takes 1 boob at each feed tho. I'm getting good at knowing when he just wants comfort and isn't hungry tho so if it's been less than an hour since his last feed I offer a dummy which does the trick.
My boobs also aren't as full as they was but that's normal.

Fenugreek is supposed to b good to help build ur supply and some tea called something mama (rayoflight knows more),or u could try expressing to stimulate ur supply a bit xxxx

growth spurts can last 2-3 days hun but keep your fluids up that's how i got through it but I did find it emotionally draining too :(

Blake is feeding every two hours, during the day and every 3 hours at night at the moment. It's been like this for 3 weeks now.

I take fenugreek to keep my supply up and drink New Mama tea from Mama Tea (looks like this - can get in Tesco for £1.96 a box).

I've found feeding him in bed on my side helps me feel like I'm still resting whilst feeding. Even though I'm getting hardly any sleep I don't feel too bad. I try do this for one feed during the day and have a little snooze with him.

It gets easier I promise!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1298795517.420796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1298795517.420796.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 4
Donovan still feeds every 2 and a half to 3 hours in the day and hes 3 months! At ur daughters age he was feeding every hour and a half, ive never heard of a baby eating every 4 hours at 2 weeks old :-S

Every 2 hours sounds completely normal to me. Oliver feeds every 2-3 hours and the odd time 4 hours. They just can't take in alot of milk at once. Try to keep letting her feed when she wants and your milk supply will increase to meet her demands :)

Thanks guys.

It's been a very stressful couple of days, today she hasn't been off me for longer than half an hour. Matt's got her at the moment but she's screaming and screaming. I've managed to get the smallest amount out into a bottle in the hope that it'll comfort her without hurting my nipples- which at the moment feel like they've been snipped off!!

Tell me it gets easier!!

My first baby was like that, she was never off me. It's so hard. It sounds like she could be comfort sucking? Have you tried a dummy? I know some people would be against a dummy so early but it might help her sleep in between feeds? She really shouldn't be on you every half hour. Does she gulp all the time or fall asleep?

Your nipples will get tougher and they shouldn't hurt after a while but not if she's constantly sucking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back