Bit of a step back

jennilisanne

Reaction score
Sophia used to be really good a feeding. She'd feed for 40 mins then go hours before the next, but the past week or so she's been feeding quicker, but wants it every hour when we're at home.

Shouldn't she be going longer between feeds as she gets older?!

I think she's not feeding properly, she comes off and fall asleep and not go back on unless I wake her up, which used to happen at the end of feeds, but it's all the way through now.

Any tips?!

Lizzie has never gone longer than a couple of hours between feeds and she still has days where it feels like she's feeding all the time!
It might just be a growth spurt in terms of feeding more frequently, and maybe she's just feeding quicker cos she's more efficient at it? If she's falling asleep after a feed it should mean that she's got the hind milk as that's what tends to make them sleepy.
If she falls asleep do you wake her to wind her? Sometimes if they have wind/tummy trouble they act like they are hungry because the sucking reflex works as pain relief.

My HV used to tell me to strip zac down to his vest for a feed to keep him awake, blow on his face, and tickle his neck n feet if he drifts off x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back