• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cant Cope Anymore

nikki87

Reaction score
To say work is doing my head in is a compete understatement. For the past 2 weeks my CEO has been on my case like a dirty rash.
Hes rude. he swears, calls us stupid, threatens us with "you wont have a job if it carries on like this" etc etc. - just a general pig. And for some reason it has actually been pick on Nikki month - he puts so much pressure on me to get everything done yesterday.. i cant explain without going into so much detail but ive got to the point now where im seriously considering walking out. i really cant take it anymore. he knows im 5 months pregnant yet gets me so worked up and stressed.

im sorry for the moan im just really fed up and dont know what to do.

Sorry you're feeling bad hun.

Can you not raise it with HR or something. They have a responsibility to make sure you're okay.

Have you ever thought he is putting pressure on you because he knows you are 5 months pregnant?? He needs to tread very carefully. It sounds almost like he is trying to push you out by bullying you. We have an awful boss at work who has actually now got a written warning on her record for bullying. Make sure you document EVERYTHING, however trivial, and get others in the office to do the same, as together it makes a complete picture of evidence.
One thing that really pisses off the person I work for is when I just smile sweetly and say 'no problem!'. The more horrible she is to me and the others, the nicer I am to her and she HATES it!! Other than that, don't let him push you out just so he doesn't have to pay maternity leave. Or speak to your doctor and ask for a sick note for stress. And make sure you chill out when you get home. Take care! xxx

Really like what hellywells said. You should go to your HR, and see if they can help. Do not think of leaving, he can't put pressure on you, if you can't do something and the pressure is too much tell him, other than going off in a girlie strop what can he do.

You should definitely raise this with HR - its bullying, and like Helly said maybe he's worse because your pregnany. I know its hard to complain about your boss - but keep notes of everything that happens, who's there at the time etc. I complained about my boss last year and felt so much better afterwards.

xxx

ah girls i really wish it was that simple - my company is so small it doesnt have an HR department!! its basicaly my CEO's company with his business partner who is just as bad!!! theres just them 2 in charge and about 10 office workers - see how hard it is!

i really do appreciate all your messages though.

i do really believe its because im pregnant and i will make a note of everything thats said - noone believes how bad it is so im actually contemplating recording it all. im just so fed up :(

I can see how tough it could be, my office is the same too, we're having issues too although its over pay, or rather lack of it! Have you tried talking to Citizen's Advice Bureau, they might be able to offer some advice, especially if you can provide a record of what's been going on

there has to be some sort of govorning body that set the standards for treatment of employees at work regardless of how big or small the company is. like offcome but for work. thats where the working time regulations and the rules for mat leave/ pay come from so id find out who does that and record everything and then complain to them. noone should be treated badly like that. hell i say this but my company dont even pay me properly, my manager put me down for a shift on my scan day even tho i told her twice the date of it and they still try and put me down for 40+ hours some weeks even tho i complained that 20 hour shifts and excessive hours were too much for me now im pg. they did however repeatedly tell me not to get pregnant over the previous year...

Bev, they totally can't tell you not to get pregnant, although my boss did tell the two other girls in my office not to as i went on leave! They also can't refuse you time off for pregnancy related appointments!

yeah i know they cant, funny thing is the week with my app in is 42.5 hrs so i can skip that day and still be on 35 hrs or a bit more for the week so theoretically i can go to my scan and its their problem. i will be happy to have 2 days off that week lol

I bet you will! I was very lucky with my bosses, they moved me to part time without asking (but still paid full time wages) because i was in pain, its horrid to hear of other bosses who aren't so pleasant and unreasonable. Makes me realise that i am lucky, even if my pay is currently 3 weeks late, as i at least know i will be getting it!

lol they havent paid me the overtime i had clocked up last month, they owe me hours from a few months ago too and theres been no sign of them coming anytime soon, my manager has no clue and the regional manager only answers questions if she feels like it

I agree with Ninja. Please contact ACAS hun :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back