• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cannot believe what the GP said to me =[

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
I went to the docs today as I have mastitus :cry:
When she was examining me she commented on my stretchmarks on my tummy. She took a sharp breath in and said 'you have a lot of strech marks, how many children have you had?'
Ive only had one and she made me feel like a freak- you cant control how many you get. Its down to skin type. Its not like I was really bad during my pregnancy- I only have 10 lb to lose to get to my pre preg weight.
GP's see all sorts of bodies and you just dont expect comments like that :(

sorry if this is in the wrong section *runs and ducks for cover from mods*

:hug: a nurse said that to me when I was having paris (I don't have that many either)

They are just tackless n*bs

Ignore them hun :hug:

That's well harsh :( Even if she thought it she shouldn't have said it - 1 it's rude, and 2 where's the medical relevance.. what do you have to gain from her telling you that?! See if she had said it and then offered some sort of miracle cure then I could understand it, but no....

Argh!!! :x

I'm looking at my stretch marks in a positive light now so I don't get down about them - it's a lasting mark of being a mommy.

They'll fade chick don't worry :hug: she's mean :hug:. Next time say something rude back to her - "oh you have a lot of chins there, how many pies have you had?"

:hug: :hug: :hug:

OMG TD that's dreadful, I'd have snapped a really nasty comment at her for that - why do these people never think? I bet she's an ugly moose just jealous that she's picked career over family and doesn't have a child of her own yet or something...yes, we'll stick with that story for now, makes us covered in stretch marks first time mummies feel better!!

I'm the same, covered in them, hundreds of huge red marks, lines and so forth and a very proud first time mummy....just think our marks will fade, the GP will still be an ugly childless moose!! :rotfl:

OMG how evil! For F's sake, you only gave birth like a week and a half ago, only 10lb left to lose is really good :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Rub some vitamin E cream or bio oil on and some of them might even fade faster or not be visible.

Talk back to people if they're obnoxious is my motto nowadays- you'll feel less annoyed about it later :)

Soooooooooooooooo out of order, sending BIG hugs tangerinedream :hug: :hug: :hug:

failing that just punch her, at least you would feel better :rotfl:

**runs and hides cos i havent got any on my tummy after 3 kids*

but natalie i wouldnt have stood for that, how inconsiderate is she.. has she not had kids.. rub some bio oil that will fade them loads.. dont worry hun theres loads of women out there who has them, and to loose 10lb is fantastic seing as you only gave birth 1 1/2 weeks ago.. well done you!

OMG :shock: that has shocked me, but thn in a way it hasnt got doctors can be so nasty sometimes, i would have had to say something i mean like you said you cant help how many you get or what they look like.,
spinless bitch
its not her place to say

slap her.

im too nice to say something bad in return :D

plus i was really teary as i was feeling unwell and in pain. im feeling loads better now tho as antibiotics have kicked in :)

but its little things like that, that make people feel like shit and become self concious and stuff,

it just annoys me.
i would have had to say something.
meany woman
:hug: :hug:

My doctor said a similar thing to me when she gave me a recent antenatal check up.
She looked at my belly, looked at my son in his pushchair and said 'goodness, what a mess you've made of your mummy's tummy'
I was so upset....my stomach was covered in stretch marks but i thought that they had faded really well. I couldn't believe that someone in her position could say something so tactless.

I was too shocked to say anything back to her :cry:

OMG i can't believe doctors would even say that to a woman who has had children, i think its disgusting.
i have lots of stretchmarks from my daughter who is now 11 & mine have never reakky got any better except from the redness has gone.

i seriously would complain to the GPs board, there are so many important illnessess people can have/have got & shes worried about stretchmarks?
have a huge :hug: hun, they are your souvenier from having your gorgeous son.

Especially evil as women are feeling vulnerable/emotional at that time and so many new mums feel bad about their bodies.

Drop a note of complaint in to the practice manager- if you feel up to it :)

What a horror! Baffles me how these people can be such insensitive, thoughtless cretins. :wall:

Ignore her, you've just done a fantstic job having your little babe. Only natural to feel emotional after what you've been through physically and emotionally after birth, especially fi you've had mastitis.

If you feel up to it you could write a letter of complaint, if not forget about the silly cow and her big mouth! She's not worth wasting your energy on.

Hope you are feeling well again soon :hug:

wow they shouldnt say that :shock:

my mw said wow u havnt got any stretchmarks on your tummy what are you using on it?

i said nowt well i was using something but not for long an havnt bothered since

omg im shocked at how unprofessional that is. i cant believe that any doctor would say that and especially not from a woman who surely understands the pressures of self image and body image on a woman. also stretchmarks are not just caused by pregnancy many girls get them in their teens as they either gain weight or shoot up in height. i know i had quite a few on my thighs and sides of my stomach before i even got pregnant with reanna.

:hug: :hug: im really sorry she made you feel awful hun and she does not have nay right to say what she did to you. your stretchmarks will fade and become ulmost unnoticeable.

it sounds like a bitchy jealous comment to me which makes it worse coming from someone who was in a professional situation.

xxxxx

I once started work at a chemist's and I was told never to make comments about someone's symptoms/appearance, even something as harmless as when they'd bought hayfever tablets, saying that I could see the pollen was really getting at their eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back