• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't believe Doctor said that!

I am all for complaining but don't know how! What do you think I should do? Do I write a formal letter and post it to the surgery or is there some sort of NHS complaints procedure thingymajig? x
I phones the local hse(health service executives) ? which I think is like the nhs ? I also wrote a fromal letter of complain to the surgery

Thats terrible!

I remember when I was admitted to hospital with gallstones when Jack was 3 weeks old, the Doc who treated me in A&E before I was admitted went on and on and on about why I wasn't breast feeding and how I could still switch to breast feeding etc .... I had gall stones, pancreatitus and a swollen liver (they weren't sure how I handn't collapsed) and he was bothering me about BFing?! It was Jack who couldn't latch on after he was born and then slept 12hrs solid without feeding at all and then his blood sugars dropped causing me to panic and demand a bottle of formula! People including health professionals really should keep their opinions to themselves because they never know the back story of why us Mum's don't do certain things.

It turned out for the best in the end that we FF because I was admitted a further 2 times before having surgery and each time Jack would've had to be admitted with me if I was BFing which I would've hated more than leaving him with Daddy & Nanny!

Next time i'm determined to BF :) x

I live in fear of that!!

Oh my god thats discraseful can not believe he said that, id defo complain if i were u hun,

Glad to hear shes better on the soya, not been on too much so lost track of ur updates

I would complain for sure, they have no right to judge you, you do what's right for you and baby, they are meant to be there to support you, I have FF all my babies, could never get BF to work for me and all my babies have been fine and healthy, no GP should make you feel like that or talk down to you like that! I'd complain and change to a different GP xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back