Can your pets tell that you are pregnant?

I posted a topic on this a while back, as my staffie went thru a stage of following me all over and laying snugged in to my tummy whilst i laid on the sofa, she even used to sit on top of my bump, almost like a chicken on an egg LOL!!
Animals defo know, they are so amazing.

lol, I couldnt help but join in on this one. I have 2 boxer dogs and have grown up with the breed my whole life. Apart from having a surrogate mum (Jude my first boxer!) who thought I belonged to her, boxers absolutely adore children. Kids could hang from a boxers ear and a boxer would know exactly how to behave.

At the moment I have 2 young boxer boys, Stan and Vinnie ages 1.5 yrs and 2yrs. Vinnie is Silly and is very careful about how he approaches me but Stan loves to listen to my tummy and rolls his eyes as though he is trying to figure out what the baby is doing. Being so young my boys were mad beforehand but since hitting my last trimester they they have gone from loopy to walking along the street without leads and perfectly obedient.

Its also amazing how many people have asked will I get rid of the boys, considering the happiness I had from boxers in my childhood I wouldnt deprive my own kids. People soon changed their minds when their own toddlers had their full fists in the dogs mouth and all they got was a fist of gooey wall paper paste like slabbers and a smiling baby! lol

If you know your pets and your a good owner why would you change a thing???

LOL......mad dogs, wish my staffie had decided to be more 'sensible' she knows about baby, but i think it may be pushing it a bit 4 sensible LOL!
I totally agree with you about not changing things v11kae, Staffies have had some bad press (like many dogs) but they are fantastic with children, they are nick named the nanny dog. My OH has a 6 year old, and he rolls on the floor with her, has been known to pull her tail, ears, and even sit on her, she doesnt bat an eye lid. If she doesnt want to play any more, she goes to her bed where he has to leave her to peace anbd quiet.
I have seen her with babies and it is totally amazing, i think this is where she may become more 'sensible' the only thing im worried about is that she may not resist a quick lick of the babies ears!! but ill not be leaving baby alone with her so its doubtful.
i think pets make fab childhood memories!!

The majority of my my fave child hood memories are with my dogs.

Theres no such thing as a bad dog unless it has psychologiccal problems or a bad owner. If your dog is trained properly then there is no problem.

As for the dogs licking ears and having to keep an eye that way, totally understandable. That would be like someone you love more than anything and not being able to kiss them, dogs/cats like showing affection and if they get the chance they would try. I certainly couldnt stop kissing my fiance again, good job us humans brush our teeth and dont lick any parts we shouldnt!!! lol

Im terrified of Jack Russells and the name carly makes me shudder. I had a bad experience when I was little and that was the Jack Russells name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back