Pets treating you differently?

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
I've got four cats. My oldest moggy boy (he's 14) who is very faithful anyway now makes a point of of cuddling up to my lower abdomen right where the baby would be and will not shift. He's never done that before me getting pregnant.

More scarily though is my 7 year old Bengal girl, who is quite frankly insane, waits until I am in bed and them comes and lies down on my stomach and cuddles up for ages. She has never done this ever. You are normally lucky to get a stroke on the way past. She has never been a lap cat. Can't decide if she's protecting the baby or waiting to eat the baby!

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed behavioral changes in their pets since getting pregnant?

Some animals take really well to it, and seem to understand the change, my cat was very freaked out by my pregnancy and spent the 9months ignoring me (and then a following 9mnth ignoring the baby i was holding! I spoke to a vet friend and they reckon it is because the animal can hear two heartbeats but only see one person, and it affects them! So if your kitties are cuddling your bump, they are actually cuddling up with the new heartbeat they can hear :) Which is very cute xx

Hi I've got a German Shepherd who keeps cuddling my bump which OH and I find cute! She's also stopped jumping on me and instead "brushes" against my legs! They say animals pick up on things early! I'm going to start putting baby lotion / powder on to get her used to baby smells and play baby crying sounds too though the way she plays and protects my 2yr old nephew i'm not worried!

I think my dog is either choosing to ignore the baby or she's not the sharpest tool in the shed!

My cat comes and cuddles my belly to, this morning, well actually about 20 mins ago (I'm still in bed) she got under the covers and kept snuggling in tighter and tighter to my bump, and had her head pushed against it. Was wondering then if perhaps she could hear the heart! Bless her!

when i was pregnant the first time back in Dec my cat started sleeping on my stomach during the night 3 days before i found out i was pregnant. Now with this pregnancy she sleeps on my stomach all the time if i lie on my back or close to my stomach if i am on my side....love her!!! (she's a bengal too Ninjakitty but a really affectionate one). My dogs however dont seem to notice to the best of my knowledge.....mental woofs the pair of them!. Saying that when my golden lab bowled my over and knocked me to the floor last week he was very upset and wouldnt leave my side all night afterwards though i didnt pet him as i was cross he had done it and could have harmed sticky pea (luckily he didnt!)

My inlaw's dog wouldn't leave my side last time I was there! She's a staff but lovely! Can't help but worry about what she'll be like when baby comes!

my friends dog was really curious sniffing and nuzzling into my lower abdomen when i went round there the other day. He has never done that before, although he then proceeded to jump al over me when I sat down!! So not sure, luckily he is only a small cavalier king charles spaniel xx

My cat has always had the habit of spending hours cuddled up against my lower abdomen, so there's no change now. Maybe she has special powers that allow her to see (or in this case: hear) into the future? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back