Can your baby be too active?

kaybee

Reaction score
I've really been wondering this a lot recently. My notes have my baby down as 'very active', as each time I see my MW he or she is constantly fidgeting away and my MW picked up on this. I've read in umpteen places that my baby should now have patterns of rest and waking time, but honestly, it seems to be moving all the time. If I'm not feeling it actively kicking away I only have to lay my hand on my belly and I can feel it adjusting its position or just wriggling around - constantly!

I know that it's more of a concern if the baby doesn't move much, but should I be worried that it's the other way round? At the moment all I'm thinking is that I'm in for some hellish sleepless nights if its current patterns are anything to go by!

kaybee said:
I've really been wondering this a lot recently. My notes have my baby down as 'very active', as each time I see my MW he or she is constantly fidgeting away and my MW picked up on this. I've read in umpteen places that my baby should now have patterns of rest and waking time, but honestly, it seems to be moving all the time. If I'm not feeling it actively kicking away I only have to lay my hand on my belly and I can feel it adjusting its position or just wriggling around - constantly!

I know that it's more of a concern if the baby doesn't move much, but should I be worried that it's the other way round? At the moment all I'm thinking is that I'm in for some hellish sleepless nights if its current patterns are anything to go by!

No he/she can't be too active - although apparently girls are more active than boys in the womb so you could have yourself a pink bump there!

Flod was superactive. She NEVER let up. She's exactly the same now. Sigh.

I have a very active bubs too (but a little boy)..........even now although he has very little space to move he is constantly fidgeting around, and kicking me in the cervix :oops:

I have found that he sleeps when I do now, and as soon as I wake up he also wakes up - the only time he is a little quieter is when I walk the dog, as the walking must rock him to sleep!!

This one is LOADS more active than alice ever was!!! i put it down to him being a lad.

as for the kicking in the cervix - am i the only person who feels like LO is trying to wave to the world!!!!

Levi was on the go all the time, the lady that did my scan commented on the fact that he wasnt still for 2 minutes.

I had what the mw called a "bladder basher" :lol: . She was always wriggling then would stop at 11pm (thankfully) and then wake me with a kick in the bladder at 6am. At her 6 week check the doc commented on how active she was and even the HV said she was one of the most active/chatty babies she's seen! BUT, she sleeps through the night no problems and has done from just over 2 months. I think she knackers herself out during the day with all the fidgeting :lol:

Another super-active one over here :wave:

I got a quite worried a few weeks back cos it felt like baby was having seizures and I started to think along the lines of epilepsy :? I'd get sudden, rapid movement like they were shaking inside me but I've been told that this is normal/nothing to worry about. I dunno. Whatever he/she is upto in there, I hope they're having a good time anyway :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back