Can you block phone numbers?

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Everyday for the last 2 weeks I've had the same number phone me but as soon as I answer the phone, they hang up!! I googled the number earlier and it came up with this site where loads of people were saying they were having the same problem with the same number!! The number belongs to a jigsaw home shopping direct company who I have never dealt with before so I went on their site and put in a complaint but I doubt anything will happen!!
Is there a way I can block this number from phoning my home number cos it's getting stupid now!!

If you speak to your phone provider they might be able to help you x

i have a number calling my mobile sometimes and when i googled it it says the same, but i have never answered it as they only call 2 signals and hangs up. x

is it a premium rate phone number? there are scams like this to get you to ring them back and it charges you ridiculous amounts of money.

It's 0115 number! I phoned it back to have ago at them and it was a auto message saying sorry you missed our call then I quickly hung up!! It's so annoying!

are you on pay as you go or contract? might be worth contacting your network provider and finding out how much that call cost. they might not charge you if you explain youve been scammed!

I'm on contract!! I'm worried now! So many assholes on this planet!!!

just ring customer services up and ask how much that call cost you and is there any procedure to follow as you have been scammed. Have the number to hand and the exact time that you called it, should be in your call log. If it is a scam Im sure there is a way they can be tracked down and stopped. Does your phone number show up on facebook? they mightve got it that way?

I get these so so much and they'll call me about three times, I don't pick up.
I figure that if it's a number I don't know but someone that actually needs to get through to me they will leave a voice mail.
and I always google to check if it's on 'who calls me' I think it's called
soo annoying
X

aparently 0115 is just nottingham so should just be included in your free landline minutes! :yay:

My facebook's private. I prob forgot to tick some box when doing something online that says if i don't want to be contacted by outside companys!! I just hope it stops soon!

Just had an email from my dad saying he's registered me with TPS. They stop all unwanted calls so i shouldn't get anymore! Hope it works!!

In the email i got from them, it says it takes about 28 days to work!! i'm so pleased cos i'm even getting these calls late at night when laceys in bed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back