Can work force me to train away for two weeks?

Welshy1

Reaction score
Morning all!

Bit of a long one I'm sorry........

My employer is installing a new computer system worldwide which means training on the new system.

They've already told us that the training will be Mon-Fri but due to the travelling (4 hours each way) we'll be expected to drive up on the Sunday afternoon and back the following Saturday morning. I've now been told that it's likely to be two weeks so it would mean leaving home Sun 19/9 and getting back home Sat 01/10. Can I be forced to do this?

I've already had to change my MW appt twice so my 25wk appt will actually happen when I'm 27wks but if I'm forced to stay away I won't be able to have my MW appt til I'm 29wks as the MW's are only in my area on a Monday and on 03/10 I'm having my GTT.

I've high BP so I'm tempted to use this as an excuse not to go but also worried how it'll affect my relationship with my employers.

Oh and by the way I have to do this but they're not paying me one penny during mat leave as they don't have a maternity package!!!!

:wall2:

They can't make u as u are entitled to going to ur appts! Speak to your boss and tell him or her that u can't go cos of maternity appts

Agree with MrsMc thats excessive! You need your 25 week because of you bp it needs checking!

Just tell them you are happy to go but you can't be staying over because you have midwife's apointments - they legaly have to give you time off to go to your midwife apointments they can't say no, It says so in the litle booklet i got when i first went to the midwife about what i need to do as an employee - i will try find it and give you any website or anything it says x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back