Can the doctor do anything about back pain?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
...or do I have to just deal with it? I've been getting really bad pain around my tail bone that's like a shooting pain into my hip and bum, especially when bending or if I sit on the floor. Don't want to go and bother my gp if there is nothing he can really do for me!

Physio will help you. Ive been seeing mine since 6 weeks!! I knew id have problems as Ive 2 prolapsed discs. I have great exercises on pilates ball and got tubi-grip to support, now I have proper maternity belt. Hot water bottle really helps and doc may prescribe a safe pain killer you can use in tri 2. Good luck x

Oh....and no more bending and sitting on floor! Your body it telling you its no longer good for you.....

It can be Nerve pain, I had a lot of it with my daughter, it's to do with the way the baby lies. I had lots of pain from my bum and down my leg. It didn't go for about 6 months after I had her in the end as I'd compensated for the pain which put my hips out of alignment, a physio sorted it out though but wish I'd had it checked sooner than just suffering for months on end. We all know back pain is normal in pregnancy but can still be worth getting checked early on to make sure your posture is right and there are exercises to help, even try a yoga pregnancy class.

This sounds like what I have, the midwife has called it 'symphis pubib dysfunction' (maybe google it to find out more) I'm starting physio next week for it- yes bending and sitting on the floor make it much worse, and sometimes going down stairs sets it off and getting up for a wee can be difficult. I'm hoping they get me a belt which I think will really help. I'm not really worried about the pain as it comes and goes when I do certain things but I am worried how it may affect the labour as stretching in different positions will be hard, so hopefully an epidural will be good, but I need to disscuss it with the midwife.

I would call your mmidwife hun just to let her know what's happen, a belt or something may prevent your back from getting worse, and its good for them to know these changes for when you go into labour xxx

Sorry got so many typing mistakes as I'm on my phone - I meant to put 'symphis pubic disfunction' ... Sorry about all the other mistakes! X

I had that and the shooting pains were sciatica, the dr did acupuncture which was amazing!!! xx

Thanks, I just feel like an old woman! Think I'll book myself an appointment xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back