advice on back pain

siany

Reaction score
I have been to the doctor today as I have had a really bad pain in my right buttock (literally a pain in the arse!) for about three weeks. Sometimes the shooting pain is so bad that I cant stand up. It is really hard to get in and out of bed and I have to sit down to dress. The
doctor thought I had torn a ligament from my pelvis. He gave me some cream and told me to rest ( fat chance with all the work I have got on). Just wondering if anyone else has expereinced this and any advice that you might have. This is my first pregnancy and I had some Rose tinted view that I would be able to go running and to the gym as I did before, and now I am having trouble even walking. It's getting me down to tell you the truth. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I had those same rose tinted glasses :lol:

I went to the doc with exactly the same thing last week as thought I had pulled a muscle or something. Takes me ages to get out of bed as really pulls and have to shuffle for a minute.

Same as you right bum cheek and lower back. Mine is aggravated by getting in and out of a van. I've read a lot of posts on here with back ache etc and think it's just something that we've got to live with.

Swimming helps me though (when I haven't got flu and can actually go)

I've have the exact same pain!

My GP said it was just softened ligaments causing the pain and has refered me for physio :roll:

I've been off work for a week and I've got to try and go back tomorrow.

I haven't found any way of easing the pain. I've been resting and then trying to do little bits but then the pain is back with avengence.

Sorry I've been no help, hope someone else has some better suggestions :D

I've not had it myself but doesn't your sciatic (sp) nerve run down your butt cheek????

My friend has the same problem and she's 28 weeks and her doc told her it's just the baby pressing on her sciatic nerve so it will hurt until the baby moves itself.

she had it constantly for about 3 weeks at about 20 - 23 weeks and now it's eased off and she only gets it now and again.

I used to get it just sat on the sofa doing nothing :wall: Doctor told me it was ligaments etc and a part of pregnancy.

It does pass usually. IIRC mine lasted a few weeks with the occasional flare up for a day or two now and again.

Don't have much advise for you because i don't get my physio while the 16th may, but couldnt the doc refer you for physio???

I'm hoping that it will help for me, in fact im praying it will.
I find a nice warm bath helps soothe my back and pelvis for a while.

awww big hugs to you all sufferin - sounds like sciatica :hug: :hug: :hug: i had it with my son and its really painful but gettin some warmth on the area should help n anything that will take pressure off your sciatic nerve is good like swiming etc :)

I've had a bad back due to an unstable pelvis, not the same pain as you although I would have said yours sounds like sciatica. Swimming has really helped me, I would make an appointment to see your midwife too as she is probably more likely to send you for a physio appointment to check it out :hug:

cheers ladies, thanks for all the advice. I tried a hot water bottle on the area last night and this seemed to help. If I dont see any improvement I will ask for a referral to the physio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back