Can she by law do this?

doddsy

Reaction score
Hello again all. Im wondering if anyone knows if my ex can take my daughter away to scotland and not tell me where she is? im in england and have recently been awarded parental responsibility by the courts. there is no violence in the relationship or anything like that. could she get into trouble for what she is doing? (she suffers mental health issues but has moved back to scotland with her parents after being here for around 20 years)

Hi Doddsy,

As far as i know you could stop her if she was moving abroad as she is only allowed 4 weeks without your permission BUT seeing as she is moving within the UK Im pretty sure the courts would say it's ok.

Given that she has mental health issues you MAY get somewhere if you apply to the court for an order to stop her going??

Sorry cant be of much help :( xx

Hi Doddsy,

As far as i know you could stop her if she was moving abroad as she is only allowed 4 weeks without your permission BUT seeing as she is moving within the UK Im pretty sure the courts would say it's ok.

Given that she has mental health issues you MAY get somewhere if you apply to the court for an order to stop her going??

Sorry cant be of much help :( xx

Thanks sweetie. yeh shes alowed anywere in the uk. im just waiting to find out if its right her not telling me where. + she went a week ago . only found out the day i was going to visit my daughter for the first time in about 2 months. xx

Oh I see lol sorry I didnt read it properly!! Ooopss

I really dont think she can not tell you where..think they would at least make her tell you that!!! What a meanie :( how old is your daughter?? The courts could look at that as damaging to your daughter if her intention is to be awkward to stop you seeing her ...x

you could get a prohibited steps order that will stop her from moving over 100 miles away, if she has moved they may make her move back but she can not deny you access as you have perental responsibility and its in the childs best intrest, if your on benifits contact legal aid they will be able to help if your not on benifits they might still give you advice

unfortunately yopu cant stop her moving in the uk, as long as you have access to see her and she dosent deny you this.

I moved from ireland and ensured my ex cant find out where i am. she can do it provided you had not any orders in place before she went. i did it for saftey reasons. im sure if you inform child welfare that she has mental health issues they will help you i have through my own choice been incontact with them to make sure im not found. they are very helpful hope you little one is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back