can i start now???

cherylcusack

Reaction score
I have some raspberry leaf tablets, and im now thirty weeks, can i start taking them now or do i still have to wait??

I don't think you are supposed to take them until you are a little further on.

I could be wrong. I'm not much help am I??
Sorry

i think its 33 weeks you should start, does it not say on packet?

no it only says take 2 twice a day, ok i,l wait for week 32.

thanks

I've got raspberry leaf tablets but having looked online a lot of advice seems to say wait until 36/37 weeks before taking them. Although its rare that they start labour it can happen.
I did wonder whether this is just people playing it safe cos I've also seen sites saying take them from about 32 weeks.

I'm not sure what to do now :? The bottle just says to take between 2 and 6 a day. Shall I just start now? :think:

I've been drinking the tea since 30 weeks, i have a big baby and nothings happened for me yet. Gets uterus stronger rather than bringing on labour I think? :hug:

I might just take 2 a day for now and build it up to 6 a day when I get closer to term :think:
James was born at 38 weeks and I've always wondered if it was the raspberry leaf. I only took them for about a week.

oooh with my biff baby, i may have to start drinking 50 cups a day!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't think they make you do anything your body isn't ready for. So they would only kick things off if you were ready for it. If not, they'll just stregnthen your uterus I think.
I could be wrong though.

are they doing anything with you having a big baby, and how did you get them to agree.

cause with my 3rd they wouldnt have it that she was big until i had finally pushed her out. i just know this one is following in his sisters footsteps

Nope i'm being monitored by a consultant, but because i'm tall 5'10" he's not that worried. He said people have big babies every day! Great.
One thing though is my BP is high so I think they are more concerned with that that than the size of baby.....
I however, want to give birth asap...hence my raspberry leaf tea overload... I'm thinking that as it is 'so say' over 6lb already, it should be pretty much full term??
I just don't know hun :hug:

im only tiny 5ft but my partner is 6ft and my third baby was 9lbs, when i went into labour they broke my waters and told me she would be delivered in 20 mins.........6 hours later!!!!

thing is i dont want a c section so im not going to push to much about the size, just like you i want him out early so he will not be as big.

Im with you ladies on evicting a biff baby :lol: I have 3 or 4 cups a day now - I love the stuff. Not sure what the max is? Can you OD on it? :lol:

ha ha...i don't think WE can Sarah!!!! i love the stuff :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back