Can I get your opinions please... swollen tummy and pains

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I only joined in here today, and I'm already going to put a question to you.....

Everynight when I go to bed I wake up several times a night with real cramping and sharp pains accross the bottom half of my tummy, mostly to the sides and not in the middle. This happens several times a night. I'm still not feeling much kicking, but when I do its really low down in the middle - almost like baby is trying to rummage his way out. I get the odd kick high up - not many.

Yesterday I was sat watching Neighbours wen I got a real weird sharp pain right accross the middle of my tummy, enough to make me cry out. And then yesterday afternoon my tummy started swelling up, I looked huge by last night and suddenly have two stretch marks vertically either side of my belly button - they wasn't there yesterday morning!

I just feel so uncomfortable all the time, and a bit out of breath all the time.
I am also sleeping loads, even through OH snoring which I have never been able to do! And having terrible dreams and nightmares every night.

Am I worrying for nothing?

Anyone else feeling the same?

Piglet xx

Ohh i honesrtky dont know but if there happening that frequently and are bothering you i would speak to your MW as that sounds owch and very uncomfortable!
Just to put your mind at rest.

The restless nights and general aches and pains could just be the normal pregnancy ones but that sharp pain (and the marks) sounds a bit odd. Can you ring your MW and ask for her advice or go to see her? It's always best to be reassured.

:hug:

Hi

I remember getting the same pains and all was fine , phone your mw for reassurance hun :hug:
Katrina

Snap snap snap

Exactly the same as me. I was getting really bad pains on my right side and went into hosiptal and they said it was normal (i felt stupid) the last few nights i have been waking up in pain at the bottom of my belly and its hard to move. Maybe baby is lying on something. But if you are worried always best to get it checked out they dont mind.

I get this funny pain in the middle of my tummy and a bit low down. It feels like she is pulling on something and it does normally happen when she is moving about. I don't know what it is though :think:

Thanks for the reply's.

I phoned the MW and she said to go straight in. She checked me over and said all seemed normal and to try not to worry - but then she said something really odd......

She said " Just becasue you're ok at the moment, doesn't mean you will be by tonight or tomorrow." She said just becasue I wasn't in labour at the moment, it could happen at any time, but not to worry becasue to baby has an 85% chance of survival at this stage! :shock:

I said I didnt think I was in labour, just concerned about the pain and swelling. Apparently its normal to swell and normal for new stretch marks to appear overnight. But then she said he is in the right position for birth, but that could change! :shock:

I never thought I was in labour, but she kept banging on about it! Very strange!! Talk about taking away one worry then replacing it with another!

But the good news is, pains are normal and baby's heart was beating very loud and clear. But what a strange MW ........

Piglet xx

Oh, and apparently he is a little on the big side :shock:

Piglet xx

Just a thought but did she say he was lying in the breach position? Perhaps he's kicking low down and that's what the pain is?

You dont happen to have the same MW as Vickyleigh do you? :wink:

Vickyleighs midwife told her that baby is the right size now but doesnt mean she will stay the right size :shock: I dont understand why your MW would say 'yeah you're fine, but you might not be later!' What a weird thing to say :?

Dont let it worry you hunny :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back