Did I have a contraction?

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hi,

I saw the MW on thursday and told her about the pains I have been having.

Just to recap, I keep getting really sharp pains, need a wee all the time but when I go nothing happens, a pushing down feeling and period pains on and off. She said it could be signs of premature labor and said theres nothing she can do about it anyway, and if it gets worse to go the hospital.

Last night I had a huge row with OH (nothing new there) and I got these really bad period pains on and off all night. Then I got this build up of pain right accross my tummy and it was agony! I was like doubled over in pain! IT only lasted a minute, or maybe less then kind of subsided. And I was left with a dull ache all night.

Have woke up thismorning and the pain has gone, just feel painfull really low down where my bones are moving I think. I have felt baby move, so he is ok.

But what does it sound like to you? My hospital is over an hour away, and the MW only comes to our docs once a week on a thursday afternoon.

Thanks

Piglet xx

it could be hun.

try to rest and take it easy. if you get any more, or any show/blood, go to the hospital, or at least ring the on call midwife for advice :)

Think you best get some rest and take it easy. I would contact midwife and tell her and see what she says about it :hug:

Fingers crossed it is not contractions. Could it be a water infection??????

Well i hope it nwerent at 28 weeks, but arguing with your OH and upsetting yourself (and will upset the baby too) you need to relax and rest.
Give your MW a bell anyways and informn her of whats going on, better to be safe then sorry

Thanks guys, I just feel knackered today, but no pain. Its definately not a water infection, they tested for that on thursday.
I'll just try not to argue with OH too much, he is going away with work for a few days on thursday, so that might be a good thing.
:hug:

Piglet xx

If something worries you, just call to the hospital delivery/maternity ward and they will tell you what it is. They might want to see you, and, even if it won' t be anything serious, it is still better to chack, then worry all the time. :hug:

Could it have been Braxton hicks? You wanna tell that OH of yours to stop arguing with you and start treating you like a princess or we will all hunt him down and smoother him with our bumps :hug:

Vickyleigh said:
Could it have been Braxton hicks? You wanna tell that OH of yours to stop arguing with you and start treating you like a princess or we will all hunt him down and smoother him with our bumps :hug:

:rotfl: I'm up for that LOL :rotfl:

Snuggle said:
Vickyleigh said:

:rotfl: I'm up for that LOL :rotfl:

Cool come on then bump bandits lets go do some smoothering :rotfl:

Vickyleigh said:
You wanna tell that OH of yours to stop arguing with you and start treating you like a princess or we will all hunt him down and smoother him with our bumps :hug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi hun

If it continues i would get it checked out and try and relax :hug:
Katrina

CARRFULL, we might also smother him with our pregnancy enhanced busts!Dont weanna kill the guy!

mrs_tommo22 said:
CARRFULL, we might also smother him with our pregnancy enhanced busts!Dont weanna kill the guy!

That could go two ways, he could think it's his birthday and christmas rolled into one or it could be his worse nightmare :rotfl:

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: You guys make me laugh so much!!

Believe me - he would think it was Christmas!! :roll:

Thnks for making me smile ! :D

Piglet xx

You need to take it easy piglet! Try to avoid arguments as it sounds like its really affecting you.....
Look after yourself and go to the hospital and get checked out if it gets worse, even if it is far away.

big hugs for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back