can holding wee harm my baby?

LucyB.

Reaction score
Its not that I'm holding it on purpose, sometimes I just can't go when I feel like I need to. I've been like this even before pregnancy, I think my bladder just gets a bit shy! But can holding my wee for short periods of time (I can usually go after about an hour or so) harm my baby? Its not all the time usually when I'm at work and rushing to pee cos I have to get back on shift! I'd say it happens about twice a week xxx

There's a thread almost identical to this in tri 3, sorry can't link it from my phone.

But the general consensus was that it wouldn't harm baby but would prob make you more suseptable to things like UTIs or kidney infections if you do it a lot.

Xxx

Pretty sure it won't do any harm to baby, but might do harm to you, like is said above. UTIs, kidney infection etc but I can't remember how much but the bladder can hold aloooooot or urine for a long amount of time. My friend couldn't wee after giving birth and had to have a catether for a while til her swelling went down, but she learnt loads about bladder functions during that time.

as above, increses risk of UTIs.

from the thread title, i actually thought you meant holding wee in your hands! must be my warped mind!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back