Just seen my baby again, wee unexpected surprise :)

Jayjay027

Reaction score
So I just went for an upper abdominal scan and found I have a polyp on my gall bladder.
But while I was there, I asked the radiographer if she would show me my baby, and she said yes :) :) :) I was really not expecting her to say yes but she was so friendly!!
She said she wasn't able to tell me anything about it or if she could see the gender, but the baby was in an awkward position, all tucked up, so we couldn't see its bits anyway.

But omg it was so good to see him/her again! She did say it had all its fingers and toes and was measuring at a good size. It was having a nap so didn't move much just kicked its wee legs and moved its arms a few times.
We could clearly see its spine, and its other bones and brain! And its wee heart beating away.
It has just really made my day :) :) :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

aww wow, how nice of the lady to let u see baby again :) It is so nice seeing them on the screen, even if they are sleeping. I am so glad that I get 2 extra scans at 28weeks and 35 weeks, hoping the 28week scan is really good. Might even see if the hospital has the 4d bit on it too, cos that would be amazing!!! xxx

Awww after all the sickness you have gone through I'm so glad you are having such a lovely week hun.... Seeing baby, feeling baby and hubby feeling baby!!

Bring on the 20 week scans then you can find out the sex!! When is yours? x

What a lovely thing of the sonographer to do, bet it was brilliant to see them sleeping.

Will you be ok with the polyp? xx

Thanks girls, it really made my day! I'm still grinning from ear to ear lol.

Karate - my scan isn't til 3rd April!! I'll be over 21wks by then, it seems miles away! When is yours? X

FirstBabyEek - yeah I didn't even know I had anything wrong with my gall bladder, I don't know why the doc sent me for the scan lol. But the sonographer said if the polyp isn't annoying me then they wouldn't need to worry about it. X

Kanga - I have a scan at 28weeks too, think they are standard now. You should def try to get the 4d one though that'd be amazing! X

Well I guess it's a good thing you got too see bubs today then! Ours is on the 26ths March.... Feels like an age away!!

Glad the Polyp is not an immidiate worry x

Last edited:
Awww what a lovely lady and must've been so nice to see LO again :love:

Awww how exciting!!
Ca t wait to see what flavour it is!

I don't get any more scans
Gutted. But I know all is ok as I'm getting beaten up quite alot and she's so far in my rips I'm convince she's swinging off them!! X

That is so exciting! How lovely for you to see LO again. I'm a tad jealous of everyones 28 week scans though, they're not standard round here, thats me done now until the big day!! x x

awww how lovely so jealous, ive had all my scans now so i have to wait til she makes an appearance x

Kanga - I have a scan at 28weeks too, think they are standard now. You should def try to get the 4d one though that'd be amazing! X

Mine isn't a standard one offered in our area. They are techically growth scans because I have been put with a consultant. I think its because of my weight, but not been told anything other than this massive letter with loads of appointments on it coming through my door. Should find out more on friday as that is my 1st consultant appt.

Ur lucky it get 28 week scan as standard though!! Exciting to know ur gonna get to see lo again before they arrive xx

Last edited:
Oh I was told at my early antenatal class that a 28 weeks scan was standard, maybe that's just my hospital then?

I'm very lucky as I've had 4 scans now and none of them have been private, just very lucky with NHS lol x

Aww that was lovely of her to show you your baby :)

I am so use to having scans & now i dont need them i am gutted LOL. My next one is not till week 20 so another 4wks to go i cant wait too see bubs again. I am booking in for a 4d at " baby bond" after my nhs 20 wks scan so will be 20wks when i have it done eek xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back