Can contractions start in your lower back

Lucyiwan12

Reaction score
Hi all does anyone know if contractions can start in your lower back?

In a word, yes. Lol if your getting lower back pain, like period pains or cramps, that's radiating round into your sides and eventually your lower stomach, it could be contractions! From lower stomach and sides, it should move into the top of your bump and that's when if can really get going. I'm only going on what the MW that took my antenatal class said, so don't hold me to it, but sounds like it could be. Or it could just be backache! Hope you're sorted soon, either way!

I had back contractions then two days later went in to prober labour xxx

Definitely turning in to contractions as there coming right round to the front, have called hospital to get advice! Still managing at home but they are getting stronger!! Hopefully baby will come today....

Ooh exciting was going to say my pains started in my lower back and worked around to the front. Hope baby makes an appearance soon x

Yes they definitely can - it's where mine started and quickly progressed to the front! Good luck! xx

yeah they can, especially if baby is back to back

Exactly what I waa going to say Bev. My first born was a back to back labour and I had most of my contractions in my back. Good luck xx

This explains mine in back then.. Well my BHs..
Had a load lastnight and Noah is back to back still atm.

Ouchieeee lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back