Can babies get too much sleep

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I have the most backwards child EVER!

If he has a bit more sleep than 'normal' he's up half the bloody night!

He only sleeps 12 hours a day so this can't be too much as I read it should be 16!

He had half an hour more than normal. Went to bed at 6.30 as normal and has been up since 8.20! Pulling my hair out now!

I'm actually rocking him in his chair to try and get him off!

I hate bedtime!

i cant offer any help when it comes to sleep!!

just hope he settles soon xxxxx

We are the same, harrison has never had as much sleep as they say they should!! He seems to be working a few months ahead of himself!! Hope he drops off soon for ya!!
xxx

from my massive amounts of reading on the subject i would ahve thought the opposite is true - certainly for my lo, she is nearly 11months and sleeps 14+ hours a day. she is woeful if she gets any less!

maybe the timing of naps is an issue?

I don't have any advice, it doesn't affect cam. Have u got a bedtime routine??

We have a prefect routine that 9 1/2 times out of 10 works really well. OH thinks it's a Tuesday thing as he did the same last week but i told him that was silly. He went down fine. Usually he goes down wakes up after 20-40 mins has a top up feed then goes for a good couple of hours. Today he went down slept for 1 1/2 hours then woke up, fed for an hour and woke up :s.

He has had 2 extra long naps and skipped his afternoon one the last 2 days. I've tried everything to get him off and he doesn't want to know. Last night he was perfect tho!

Hope he goes off for u soon hun! Damn the witching hours, babies do crazy stuff this time of night! X

2 hours later he's asleep in his car seat I'm at my wits end

We have a prefect routine that 9 1/2 times out of 10 works really well. OH thinks it's a Tuesday thing as he did the same last week but i told him that was silly. He went down fine. Usually he goes down wakes up after 20-40 mins has a top up feed then goes for a good couple of hours. Today he went down slept for 1 1/2 hours then woke up, fed for an hour and woke up :s.

He has had 2 extra long naps and skipped his afternoon one the last 2 days. I've tried everything to get him off and he doesn't want to know. Last night he was perfect tho!

Was he born on a Tuesday?

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay

monday or thursday maybe?

Last edited:

If he usually sleeps for 20 mins then has a top up.. Maybe the 1 1/2 hour sleep was too long? When it gets to 20-30mins and he's still asleep maybe wake him or dream feed him?
Hopefully things will settle soon for u..
Lily was a bugger last night.. She fell asleep in her jumperoo at 6:30 when I was putting the girls to bed, Scott didn't think to keep her awake :roll: as she goes up at 7-7:30 after her milk, and coz she had a power nap it took til 10pm and two bottles to actually get her to sleep! Why don't men listen :roll:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back