Can anyone help please???

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Ive posted this in feeding and nutrition but not got any advice so far and I really dont want to stop Bfeeding so hoping someone can help in here maybe.

Thrush.....

in boobs and Matilda has it in her mouth!

Shes had it for over a week now and passed it onto my boobs and hell are they sore!

Ive had medication (cream) and she is on her second lot of Nystan now and we just seem to be passing it to eachother just as it seems to be going.

Im really upset as Im scared that because Im not feeding her as much my milk will dry up but the pain inside my boobs is horrendously painfull even when trying to express with my electric pump! Im still putting her on but I can only feed her for about 10 mins each side before the pain kicks in and I have to take her off!!! Im also trying to hand express as much as I can as it doesnt hurt as much as using the pump but wondered if anyone else has had this problem and what did you do to keep your milk supply flowing and plentyfull?

I really am not haapy with the amount of formular Im having to give her when I could be feeding her myself so hope someone can help xx

Sorry hun, didn't want to read and run but not sure what to suggest! Maybe try expressing in the shower/warm bath so you get more out?
Definitely express just after you feed Matilda as this will make your boobs think that that's how much she needs in a feed iykwim?

Remember that even if your supply drops down, as long as there's a bit in there then you'll be able to build it up again. Try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know!) as that won't help.
Hope you find something that helps x

hi hun Micozanole is supposed to be better then Nystan to clear it up. i suggest rubbing canesten on your nipples but removing it before you feed your baby. keeping your bra off ans wearing loose clothes as much as poss also helps. I would suggest expressing some milk but not use it just to build your milk back up. if your nipples are sore when feeding have your tried nipple shields? hope you feel better soon thrush can be a nightmare xxxxxx

Thanks Becky and Amyrose...... Yeah Im trying to express by hand as using my pump is too painfull, and Im still putting her on but she doesnt like the nipple shields so isnt feeding much and Im def drying up. Hand expressing like crazy as often as I can but will def try that new stuff Amyrose and Inky has also replied to my other post with a sugestion of another cream too so fingers crossed and thank you both so much xxx

just hope it works, also just keep an eye on the pain as it can move into your ducts. if your not happy go back and see your doc. you sound very in control i know you will be ok x

Thats where it is apparently Amyrose think thats why im struggling so much its internal pain more than nipple pain and I cant seem to shift it! Wiaiting for HV to ring me back now and just about to ring Drs again to see if they can prescribe a tablet form which is apparently better and can pass onto MAtilda through my milk xxx

Aww sorry to hear this hasnt cleared up yet.. your doing really well perserveing with the breastfeeding though! Hope your docs help you out soon and you find something that clears it up for both of you.. I really do know the pain your going through and its awful.. when my son had it he wanted to constantly feed to stop the itching in his mouth which just made it worse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back