Calling all OPK experts - Please Help!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
OK this is my first month of using OPK's.
4 days ago no line
3 days ago very faint line
Did 2 yesterday - first one faint (darker than previous day), now last nights was really dark, but still not as dark as the control line.

Tested twice today - 1st one fainter than last nights line and 2nd one really faint again - does this sound like I have missed the surge and already ovulated?

Woke this morning with a really bad pains, upset tummy, and very sensitive around ovary area.

All a bit of a shock as last month ovulated CD 18 and if I am right in thinking that I ovulated this morning then its only CD 13, and today/tonight is my last chance to BD, or its all over for another month.

Any advice would be so gratefully received, am so confused with my body since coming off BCP - which I guess is to be expected!

Thanks so much in advance.

If last night's line was really dark I would say that was when you had the LH surge. The lines I got on OPKs were never quite as dark as the control line.

If you did get the LH surge last night you would probably be ovulating today so now would be the perfect time to BD.

Are you temping? I was using OPKs and temping and found that ov day was the day after my darkest OPK line.

Hope that helps and GOOD LUCK! xx

Those OPK are not my favorite. That is why I am using the monitor now...too easy to miss the best fertile days.

My suggestion would be to start BD'ing every other day from the minute you get a faint line, until it is very dark and then maybe another day after that.

It is best to try and have healthy sperm in the fallopian tubes when you ovulate, as it does take some time for the lil guys to swim. Sometimes if you wait till you ovulate it could be a little too late. Remember, sperm have two tubes that they could possibly travel to with no real direction. They have to bump into the egg. The more viable sperm you have in that 5 day window around ovulation, the better chance of them in both tubes, as you will not know which ovary you ovulated from!

Good luck!!!

Thanks so much for the comments - really really appreciated!!

I think I may have blown it this month - all happened way before it was expected, we did BD last night and also 3-4 nights ago - so you never know!

Plus have tonight for a bonus BD.

Guess time will tell now....

Are the monitors a lot better and more accurate?

The monitors are 99.9 percent accurate ( I use CBFM) as I think the OPK are too. The only major difference is you get up to 7 fertile days..that is up to 5 days when the estrogen is raising due to oncoming LH surge, and two peak days indicating LH surge. OV takes place anywhere from 12-24 hours after the surge. So It gives you really early notice of when to BD. Sometimes by the time you get the OPK line, ovulation may have occurred in the middle of the night and if your egg only lives say 13 hours...BD may be too late.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back