Calling all Buggyholics! What shall Iget? Maclaren?

*glow*

Reaction score
What Buggy Shall I buy?

I am thinking Maclaren Techno XLR as its a gift, but wondering if its worth the money?

Any thoughts welcome.

Needs to be lightweight, 'bumpable' and easy to fold....

Thanks all - any help appreciated!
'

TBH at your LO age you probably won't need a Techno as they are suitable from birth they are a bit more expensive and larger than say the quest, triumph or volvo. The volvo is the cheapest and doesn't recline at all. The quest reclines to almost flat and the triumph somewhere in between.

We went for the quest as a second buggy and it is great at bumping, we live in a thrid floor flat so it gets bumped a lot! Overall a great second buggy, I use it as much as our bugaboo.

Saying all of this I am in talks with OH to allow me to get this special Maclaren, http://www.mothercare.com/gp/produc...ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44346031&mcb=coreI love it. There are a few special ones on the mothercare website that you can't get anywhere else, the four seasons is another fave of mine.

Just had to add, I have just seen the new Quest mod designs on the mothercare wesite and they are gorgeous!

Thanks all :dance:

I need a new one cos the rubbish one i have don't work! :wall:

I will investigate these ones, I like that zia one ... very nice :lol:

City Mini Baby Jogger - absolutely brilliant :D

Magic Monkey said:
Moomum said:

I have one of those too! My name is Sarah and I am a buggyholic!!!! :rotfl:

Nice to meet you Sarah - you've taken the first step by admitting you have a problem! Well done you :rotfl: :rotfl:

i have just brought my 6th pushchair so i guess that makes me a buggyaholic too :rotfl: :rotfl:

Moomum said:

I agree...it's ace...and it's just won Mother & Baby GOLD for best pushchair.

LOVE my Maclaren Quest too though but now I've seen Alex's link to the spitfire one, I've got pushchair envy!

I loved my Citymini, but Ella didn't as it doesn't sit upright enough for her and she used to struggle constantly to try to sit up more. Plus, it was too big to fit in my boot.

I LOVE my Quest, I have the Lulu Guiness Bed of Roses one, which is very pretty!! It reclines well enough for an older child, but also sits nice and upright too. It folds really small and is so light that I can carry it and Ella at the same time.

We have the XLR and we're really pleased with it. We used it with the car seat attached when she was tiny so she was facing us. Since 2 or 3 months she has been in it properly and I wouldn't swap it. It can be folded one handed (the maclarens are the only ones I could find that do this - most need 2 and I'm not sure how you're supposed to hold baby on the bus while folding a pushchair with 2 hands). It's very easy to steer and the handles can be adjusted to a really nice height (OH is 6'3"). My friend got the mamas and Papas P3 which she loves but her 10 month old boy is too wide to fit in nicely with a coat. So if you look at alternatives remember to make sure they are nice and wide. I was in John Lewis today and saw the bugaboo bee and it is tiny! DD would be squashed in with her coat on! She has loads of room in the XLR.

The only downside is that is is tricky to get big things in and out of the shopping basket if the seat is reclined - you can get in from the sides but not the top as the seat reclines over it.

ive had well over 30 :oops:

Ive currently got an xlr and a baby jogger city mini.

Both fab prams and id recommend both of them.

IF i had to chose between them id pick my city mini jogger.

THe fold.. (to die for!!!)

LucyBee said:
Moomum said:

I agree...it's ace...and it's just won Mother & Baby GOLD for best pushchair.

LOVE my Maclaren Quest too though but now I've seen Alex's link to the spitfire one, I've got pushchair envy!

Pushchair envy is the worst, I regulary suffer from it :wall:

I am in 'talks' with OH about changing the pushchair at the moent, keep your fingers crossed that I have my way!

x

Ooh this city jogger is getting promoted big time

(scurries off to research!)

weve had 4 buggies so far :lol: :oops: and the only one cadensreally settled in and HIS fave (soo therefore mine)is the chicco multiway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back