Calling All Baby Wearers!!

maria1976 said:
Squiglet said:
Mai teis are relatively simple too, but are slightly more complex than a wrap to make

They can be i suppose, but depends how you make them, I have seen some of the patterns on the net and they only use 2 layers of material :? so are a doddle to put together. it's when you start using a few layers with different fabrics thats when it gets tricky, if you were in the same room as me while im making some of my mei tais, sometimes the air is blue :rotfl: especially when triple stitching the machine jams :doh: and dont even talk to me about the different tensions involved :talkhand: :rotfl:
That saying when I made a wrap, sewing on a stretchy fabric is a lot to be desired!!

ok I admit... my heavier Mai tei... might have caused some erm... :oops: words that little ears should not hear :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ESPECIALLY when the machine jams..

kalia said:
Its my birthday on Friday and from OH, friends and me I will be getting lots of woven wraps! A Didymos Bears dyed eggplant, a Storkenwiege Leo in natural and a Girasol Earthy Rainbow. I'm also awaiting a Bebina wrap I bought from ebay.

I am soo jealous - I'd love a storch leo and an earthy rainbow.. I'm having to wait until christmas and even then I'm not sure my OH will buy me one of them. He seems to think one wrap and one mei tai is enough, men :roll: :rotfl:

midna said:
maria1976 said:
That saying when I made a wrap, sewing on a stretchy fabric is a lot to be desired!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :angel:

No comment :doh: :rotfl:
Squiglet said:
maria1976 said:
Squiglet said:
:rotfl: Everytime the machine jams, im like ffs im getting another machine, Dave has learned the cues and sidles out of the room quitely :lol:

ok I admit... my heavier Mai tei... might have caused some erm... :oops: words that little ears should not hear :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ESPECIALLY when the machine jams..

daftscotslass said:
Was just looking on ebay and there's a US seller making and selling Mei Tais for less than £20.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cuddling-Baby-Mei-Tais

Don't know how good they are right enough but look tempting for my deep pockets and short arms :rotfl:

Dont even go there, this lady apparantly sells over 80 of these a week!!!! No way is this possible!!! It takes me about 4 days to make just one so it's made correctly. If it looks too good to be true, it almost always is. If you do get one, just remember to do the relative checks on it before use, just pm me and ill guide you through what to do. xx

-Kelly- said:
kalia said:
Its my birthday on Friday and from OH, friends and me I will be getting lots of woven wraps! A Didymos Bears dyed eggplant, a Storkenwiege Leo in natural and a Girasol Earthy Rainbow. I'm also awaiting a Bebina wrap I bought from ebay.

I am soo jealous - I'd love a storch leo and an earthy rainbow.. I'm having to wait until christmas and even then I'm not sure my OH will buy me one of them. He seems to think one wrap and one mei tai is enough, men :roll: :rotfl:

mine is the same but is starting to learn to leave me to it.

Kalia, nice birthday list esp the ER Girasol. I don't have the ER but I do have a 4.2 Gira and love it (as does Cally)
random003.jpg

maria1976 said:
daftscotslass said:
Was just looking on ebay and there's a US seller making and selling Mei Tais for less than £20.

Don't know how good they are right enough but look tempting for my deep pockets and short arms :rotfl:

Dont even go there, this lady apparantly sells over 80 of these a week!!!! No way is this possible!!! It takes me about 4 days to make just one so it's made correctly. If it looks too good to be true, it almost always is. If you do get one, just remember to do the relative checks on it before use, just pm me and ill guide you through what to do. xx

I made a light summery one in a day... but I have to admit... 80 a week... :| :fib: :fib: :fib:

maria1976 said:
daftscotslass said:

Eek, thanks! Won't be bothering about that, then!

I shouldn't be thinking about buying one just now as I'm skint but will ask OH nicely for one of your nice silky ones for Christmas :D

I'm so stuck on what to buy, that I'm going to ask for a few for my birthday in September! I like quite a few styles, and I guess the only way I'm going to know what suits is to try them!

:cheer: I'm so excited to join the baby wearing club!! x

My husband isnt dead. My business partner is. She passed in April. Where did you get such an idea. Not all partners are spouses.
As for my feedback. If you will read. The problems with my feedback is my 19 year old step daughter that comes home from college. She smokes and has been a problem. She is now back at school. So that problem is solved.

If you will also notice even though they complained about the smoke they still liked their carriers. As for the one negative feedback. It was all compounded by the smoke the delay in her receiving it. and The fact that her baby didnt like riding in a Mei tai. I do and have always offered a refund if your baby doesnt like it.

I found it. I am just surprised that because someone else says something everyone else jumps in to say bad things about a carrier none of you have even tried. The women who originally told people to stay away from my carriers was another manufacturer and I only replied because she didnt know my situation and how I managed to make that many carriers in a week. Back when she said this I had a partner and we both made carriers. She is since passed. (april 2008)

Now it is become a family business and yes my feedback hasnt been all that good during the summer when my step daughter was in residence. I have spoken with her many times but being the step mother it never mattered to her. I have taken care of this problem she is back at college so now the feedback will get better.

Vonnie

could this not all be done via PM?? I couldn't care less about the politics etc just want people to get unbiased information about babywearing. Its a minefield as it is without all this shit complicating it ;)

If people want to buy a sling, they should read all about the different types and the different makes. Look at feedback, look at forums for baby wearing ie http://www.thebabywearer.com and http://www.slingmeet.co.uk

Make up your own mind, after all you are the person who will be carrying your child :)

beanie said:
If people want to buy a sling, they should read all about the different types and the different makes. Look at feedback, look at forums for baby wearing ie http://www.thebabywearer.com and http://www.slingmeet.co.uk

Hey thanks for them links!!
I had a front carrier with my first son (basically didnt know of any other type when he was born) and found it so uncomfortable after a couple of months that I rarely used one with my other two! This time Im hoping to get a nice comfy sling!

:) any questions just ask as there are a few of us on here that buy far too many slings :)

beanie said:
:) any questions just ask as there are a few of us on here that buy far too many slings :)
Thankyou! Im sure I will when the time comes to buy one!! :D

please note I have deleted several comments from this thread so some replies may not make sense... just so you know ;)

FWIW I found this ebay shop well before I had read any negative comments on PF.

I made the informed decision not to but a carrier for the fact I can't see how a quality mei tai can be made in 45 minutes :talkhand: I also go to great lengths not to expose my daughter to second hand smoke and I think that any ebay shop selling products made for babies should all be from smoke free homes.

As for other member being jealous :talkhand: HOW PETTY.

Urchin said:
please note I have deleted several comments from this thread so some replies may not make sense... just so you know ;)
Ah right.. Thank you :doh: I didn't understand a thing reading this last page! x

My husband isnt dead. My business partner is. She passed in April. Where did you get such an idea. Not all partners are spouses.
As for my feedback. If you will read. The problems with my feedback is my 19 year old step daughter that comes home from college. She smokes and has been a problem. She is now back at school. So that problem is solved.

If you will also notice even though they complained about the smoke they still liked their carriers. As for the one negative feedback. It was all compounded by the smoke the delay in her receiving it. and The fact that her baby didnt like riding in a Mei tai. I do and have always offered a refund if your baby doesnt like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back