Advice on pram/pushchair

Bee7

Reaction score
Being a first timer i'm pretty clueless on the best sort of 'equipment' i need for baby. At the moment we're trying to get things in stages and next on the list is the pram/pushchair. I've seen the Petite Star Zia on Argos/Amazon website for a very reasonable price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petite-Star...WG92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319638343&sr=8-1

What does everyone think? I like the look of it and having seen a 'real' one in toys r us, it seems very lightweight and easy to fold up etc. Just don't know if it looks a little too flimsy. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated as i'm useless with this sort of stuff. What prams have you all picked? xxx

I got given mine so can only say the only one I got was when my son was older and could go into a more flismy buggy for bus travel x

Just get one you think is comfy and easy for you to push and fold up x Also newborns need a flat base to lie on and some pram/buggies don't lie 100% back I realised this and it is no bother just they slip down alot and the straps can bug them as they are only small x

I think it depends what you are looking for in a pushchair, but really sky's the limit!

We are outdoorsy type of people so something with all terrain type wheels was really important to us.

I also wanted something that was suitable from birth with a carrycot type of attachment as I don't like the idea of using the car seat for too long and the puschairs which just recline flat don't seem appropriate somehow to me (maybe being irrational here). It had to fold up easily and be small and light enough for me to get in the car unassisted. Also, forward and backward facing and easy to switch between the two was important as well.

We have ended up getting the Icandy peach jogger and it ticks all of those boxes so I am really happy with it. Though it is expensive, so I can see why many people wouldn't choose it.

We went for the Graco Sterling because it had large wheels, was sturdy but easy to fold and had a huge basket underneath that fits the changing bag/lots of shopping easily. It also came with a car seat and was very reasonably priced (£186 when we bought it). I'm very pleased with it and really recommend it:D

Last edited:
We have gone with a Britax Purple Rain, for a pushchair, carry cot and carset it totalled £400 cheaper than most we looked at.

It's light weight, has a click and go option for changing sections, can face forward or backward etc etc .

We went for a travel system with our first, pram/car seat/buggy modes. so glad we did because Oz used to choke on his saliva and vomit and couldn't lay on his back until he was a few months old so he used to have to go in car seat mode!

Defo go for something sturdy and that is going to last the distance! I didn't do any research with my first and went for something i liked the look of... I'm now on buggy #3 lol

It really depends on your needs - we have gone for a travel system as we drive a lot rather than walking, but if you don't really drive you might find you don't need a travel system and can have a pram instead.

Having looked around i am going to go for a travel system with the sturdy carrycot as baby can sleep in this instead of getting a moses basket and a car seat to come home from hospital in.
Its soo hard, am feeling the pressure of it all now and wish i had a bigger place instead of a one bed flat so i could do a room out x

Thanks ladies, seems like a lot of you are going with the full travel system options or prams with attachable carry cots etc. I think i definitely would like a three wheeler as they seem really easy to fold up and small enough to fit into my car boot - i only have a tiny car. Because the pram/buggy is so cheap, i don't mind buying a car seat separately. Just hope it will be suitable when we get it. I'm so clueless lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back