C Sections

Vicki Chambers

Reaction score
Hi all, my pregnant with my 3rd boy and whilst pregnant with my 2nd i devoloped a swelling to my kidney that bursted during labour, i was very ill and remained in hospital for over a month b4 being able to go home.
in this pregnancy ive been getting the same right sided pain and i had to have an M.R.I scan to make sure the same thing isnt happening. it turned out its swelling again and there is a risk of the same problem so i was told i have to have a c section rather then normal delivery. i just wanted to know if any of you ladies have had one and whats it like etc coz im really nervous about it :(

Sorry hun cant help you there but i didnt want to just read and run.

There has been alot of people on here whos had sections so someone should be able to help, you might want to post this again in the ask a mum bit :hug:

Hiya

I had an emergency section with my first. The operation itself is not that bad - I was awake throughout and although I was aware of what was going on, it wasn't stressful and they do look after you! I had my OH up by my head end all kitted out in scrubs to keep me company. It only takes about 5 mins for them to deliver the baby and prob another 30-40 mins to sew you back up! During this time my OH was holding baby and we were both cooing over her. You're on drips etc for 24 hours or so afterwards but they soon encourage you to get up and about to prevent DVT, I was walking around the next day. The recovery can be quite uncomfortable as you do have your wound healing and you can't drive or exercise for 6 weeks - you have to remember that they will have cut through all of your abdominal muscles and it is a big op really. You just have to remember to take it easy. My wound is so small and neat now, you would never know a baby had come through it, it is literally about 5 cm long and right at the top of my bikini line - I'm hoping for VBAC this time so hopefully it will stay that way!

Good luck to you xxx

I had a section but Maia just waking up so cant write now but will do tonight when she's in bed.

Hi i had an emergency C-section with Charlotte and to be honest it wasn't too bad at all. (i was dreading having to have a c-section but after a 3 day labour with a baby in a funny position she wasn't coming out any other way!) I recovered quite quickly but of course you do have to take it easy for a few weeks. You don't feel any pain just pushing when they deliver but i felt well looked after too.

If theres anything you want to ask feel free to PM me :)

:wave: Hi hun and welcome.

I had a planned c-section with my son and everything went really well.
I was took to thearter when I was given a spinal block then when they made sure I was numb they laid me down and got baby out.
Its all very quick and your normally up and walking the same day or the next.
You will be sore for a while but its nothing that you wont be able to cope with :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck sweetie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Little tinker was just dreaming and shouting out, she's gone back off now :)

I had an emergency section and I had already had an epidural so they just topped that up for the surgery. I was taken to surgery and prepped while my hubby got dressed into his lovely theatre gown. I could see what they were doing in the reflection of the huge light hanging down from the ceiling. Once they had prepped they put up a sheet so I couldnt see and started the op. Craig was at my side throughout holding my hand, I couldnt stop shaking from the anesthetic which is normal. I felt no pain whatsoever but I felt a lot of tugging. When they were ready to pull Maia out they pressed down really hard on my bump to push her out and I felt a big gush and she was out, the midwife told us we had a girl. She cried and I felt so emotional it was so lovely to hear her. The midwife and pediatrician did her the once over and then passed her straight to us. They laid her next to my head and we both just starred and smiled at her all the while she was just noseying around, she was so alert. She was with us for about 10 minutes then the midwife took her to be weighed and measured while I was being put back together. The surgeon said I lost 1.5 litres of blood which is more than average but luckily I didn't need a transfusion just iron tablets (thank goodness or else I wouldn't have been able to donate my blood). When I had been stitched up they wheeled me into the recovery room where the midwife put Maia onto the boob and we fed for 45 minutes all the while I was still shaking uncontrollably form the anesthetic. All in all the operation took 1 hour in total I was back on the ward within 2 & half hours. I was given my own room which is standard at my hospital for all c sections. I was up and about the same day they had me in the shower (Maia was born at 00:10am) and gave me lots of pain killers. I didnt feel much pain afterwards while I was still taking the pain killers it was just awkward to move about and be mobile I had to be very steady and careful getting in and out of bed. I was home 2 days after having the op. My hubby had 3 weeks off work and thank goodness he did because I couldnt do a thing but look after Maia, he had to do everything. Lucky for him I had made lots of frozen meals when I finished work so it wasnt too bad for him but there was lots of washing to keep him busy :D Unfortunately I got an infection in my scar and had to have 2 courses of antibiotics to shift it so it became very painful and took longer to heal and longer to become totally mobile again. I could only make it to the end of the road after about 4 weeks but once the infection had gone I started to recover much quicker. The scar was still quite numb around it (because the nerve endings had been cut during the op, which is normal) and it would tingle and itch as it was healing. I seem to have gotten back all the feeling but it does still itch every now and then, luckily its happened when I've been at home otherwise it could be embarrassing :lol:

I had a c section a month ago and it was a doddle!!! Hardest thing was having the spinal block injection but only cuz I couldn't keep still lol. Doesn't take that long at all and as long as there are no complications (where they need to give you a general anaesthetic) your OH is allowed to stay with you (only at head end in case they faint lol). My wound felt uncomfortable for just a few days and although I know I have to be careful for 6ish weeks, after 1 and a half weeks I was walking miles and feeling great!

Tbh I think I physically recovered better from the c section than the normal delivery I had before as the tear hurt more than the c sect.

Sarah xxx

awwww thanks guys its nice and reasuring reading all what u have posted about ur experiences. what sort of time was ur c sections? lik ehow far was u as i hav to have mine early to prevent going into labour :(

you had a mri while pregnant? i'm supprised they did that becasue i wasn't aloud one till after my daughter was born as it's like having a xray while pregnant
i had 2 c sections i felt having a planned section was the most amasing experiance and the emergancy one was not very plesent so if you have to have a c section i'd recomend having a planned one :D

I had an emergency c section and the actual operation was fine. I was scared at first but once the spinal had been put in I was actually quite relaxed! I also found it a really amazing experince when they lifted Amber out of me and I cried loads!
You will be fairly sore afterwards so you will need to take things easy for a while, people don't actually realise sometimes, but its a major operation, I didn't realise myself until I'd had it! Take any pain killers they offer you, you will need them the first couple of days. Getting out of bed the next day is really hard but the more you walk around, the easier it gets. My scar has totally healed now and its just a nice neat pinkish line, I'm quite proud of it really as thats where my little girl came out of! Although looking at it now, its hard to belive she came out of there!
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me :hug: :hug:

Hiya

I had a section 3 weeks ago and now, I feel totally fine.

The actual operation, like everyone else has said, doesn't hurt. It's wierd, tugging and pulling sensations but because you're numb you don't feel pain. Feels really odd though!

Afterwards, for the first couple of days, I was really uncomfortable. The first day was on morphine so it didn't seem too bad but after that it wasn't so much fun, especially getting up out of bed. Take any painkillers they offer you - you'd be surprised how effective paracetemol can be! Just take things at your own pace afterwards and see how you feel. I feel totally fine now but I know not everyone is the same. All the information I was given advised to do nothing for 6 weeks, not even hoover but I feel realy well, have even done some sneaky driving and feel fine.

Be prepared for some discomfort for the first few days after the op - one of the things that took me by surprise was trapped wind. All the ladies on my ward had had sections and we were all really suffering with it! Strange the things nobody tells you!

Good luck!

thank u everyone who replyed, for those who had planned c section what sort of time did u have your babies?

Vicki Chambers said:
thank u everyone who replyed, for those who had planned c section what sort of time did u have your babies?

Just after ten hun.

They generally start doing them from about 9 till 12.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Morganuk said:
Vicki Chambers said:

Just after ten hun.

hahaha silly me i ment what time of the pregnancy, how many weeks was u lol

Vicki Chambers said:
i had my daughter at turm becasue the consultant who was doing the opp was on holiday :lol: :lol: i was supposed to have her at 38 weeks but nower days tehy like to do c sections at 39 weeks

Vicki Chambers said:
Morganuk said:
[quote="Vicki Chambers":ymzr84r9]thank u everyone who replyed, for those who had planned c section what sort of time did u have your babies?

Just after ten hun.

hahaha silly me i ment what time of the pregnancy, how many weeks was u lol[/quote:ymzr84r9]

Oh sorry lol.
I was 38 but im hearing now thet prefer to do them at 39 if baby can wait.

oh right i will get my c section date on dec 23rd cant wait i just wanna know when this hell will be over ive had the worse pregnancy in history well it feels like it lol i tend not to do pregnant well lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back