C section mums

mummy2b19

Reaction score
How long after you C section were you advised to wait before TTC? xx

I wasn't advised anytime but as I want a home birth Im leaving it about 3 years to completely heal.

I've heard though that a year is a good time as it would of healed nicely by then.

was yours an emergency section. i think you are very brave wanting a home birth x

Yeah an emergency. I laboured very well and very quick but she just got stuck coming round the bend so I've no concerns about having a home birth :) i personally never want to go back into the hospital again lol.

Was yours emergency? I've just seen your other thread :)

Yeah. Her oxygen levels were border line and because she was back to back they decided it was going to take too long I think if she hadnt been back to back it would have been quick I was induced at 7pm started contracting at about 10pm and was at 10 cm when they decided to take me to theater at 11am qwent from 6 to 10 in just over an hour. I would really like a natural birth next time but wouldnt dare have a home birth. the woman next to me had been transfured from the MLU which is nearly an hour away for here section I dont think i would have coped with that I was in too much of a state having to go down the corridor lol xx

I have had an emergency c section and an elective, I was told not to ttc for a year as my body needed time to heal. Saying that I thought I was going to die after the emergency c section. 24 hours after my elective I was out of hospital back home and doing things normally.

I guess at the end of the day it's when you feel ready, I had a 3 year gap between pregnancies and will probably do the same this time. I wouldn't ttc in the first year just to be safe xx

I've been told 18-24 months.

I had emergency c-section cos Henry didn't engage and I only got to 4cm.

I wasn't told anything!i had an emergency c section too ! But won't be looking to ttc for at least another 1-2 years anyway x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I was told at least a year. Ran it by my GP and they didn't seem bothered and said that was only a guideline so no idea now.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I wasn't told anything and i got pregnant after six or seven months with this one they have even offered me a natural birth at my hospital. I have my section booked just in case nothing happens before hand but i would love to birth this baby naturally.

All i can say is i was monitored more closely and me and baby are doing fine got ten days left now x

38 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Oh and i had emergency section after failed induction x

38 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

I will be having elective section with the next one. I'm not putting myself through a 4 day labour to end up with an emergency section again.

Bad labour last time doesn't mean bad labour next time girls (or at least that's what I keep telling myself!) x

Wow I wasn't told to wait a certain amount of time, I had an emergency section too. Laboured for about 15 hours had an epidural, only got to 2/3cm and they lost her heartbeat but I starting panicing so they put me under a general too xx

Ive got an apointment with my GP next week I really want to have my next baby naturally if I can So I will see then I will let you know what they say xx

I want a natural home birth next time and was told to wait 18 months before ttc to allow for healing

I was told 6 months!! But had nearly 3 year gap and both ended in emergency c sections!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back