Baby clothes sizes

Kim

Reaction score
Just a tip - I bought loads of newborn clothes and 0 - 3 months but when Rubie arrived she was a little early and quite small (6lb 9oz). I thought, no problem the newborn stuff should be fine as some of it says up to 7.5lb, but NO WAY!!

Everything literally hangs off her and OH had to trek to mothercare in the snow today to buy even more clothes.

He came back with clothes to fit up to 5lb and they are even a little big, what are the manufacturers thinking??

Bless Little Rubie..

Well I had the opposite problem. I bought a fair amount of newborn stuff which I had to pass on to my pregnant daughter (shes due in 6 weeks) as Aidan was born 11lb 4oz and is the size of a 3 month old baby. He wears 0-3 months which fit perfectly but a lot of his stuff is 3-6 months...something I certainly didnt expect at birth - 3 weeks old !!!

:0)
Ragna xxxxx

It's so hard to know what to buy really! At my last scan they said my baby weighes about 5lb1 already so i'm hoping her clothes aren't too small by the time she comes :shock:

Well Aimée wasn't massive but she was a healthy 8lb 11oz and she never fit in to any of her newborn clothes, even some of her 0-3 clothes are getting a bit on the tight side and at 3 weeks she only weighs 9lb 11oz. She has gone straight into 3-6 months in her snow suits though so they were a big waste of money.

alana is now 14lb and she is still wearing 0 - 3 month clothes. they just about fit perfectly now.

Ella didn't fit into any of her newborn stuff and my mum had to go out and buy us some tiny baby clothes. She's got a couple of outfits and some sleepsuits now. She weighed 6lb 8.5oz.

Damine is in tiny baby clothes for up to 7.5lb's but it's HUGE on him and the stuff made for earlier premature babies (up to 5lb's) seems to fit him fine. Not buyijg him anymore stuff though as I am sure he will grow into it soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back