Bumps

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi girls

I'm in between Tri 1 & 2..... I just have a bump question. I am normally a size 16 so I have a horrible wobbly fat tummy at the best of times. Now I am pregnant I am getting a bump but its hidden under the fat and it just seems to push my fat out further so instead of feeling pregnant, I feel super fat and want to hide.

Anyone else out there a larger lady and have the same feelings? Most of you will be bumpy bigger than me now anyway but if you can cast your minds back to beginning of Tri 2....

I lost 2 stone when TTC and now I'm back in the clothes before I lost the weight so just feel depressed and not "glowing" :wall2: Bring on 20 weeks when my bump will look like a bump

Tracey x

Hey hunny

I am normaly a 14 but carry it all my legs so I can't really help on the bump thing I am sorry.

Just wanted to say you have nothing to feel down about - you are growing and protecting a little baby in there hun - enjoy it - every minute of it and do not let this take away any of the experience xx

Hey Tracey

I'm usually a 14 and that was after losing 4 stone! I'm already in the next size up and have been stressing too! Now I've just got to the stage where I just think feck it!

I'm eating healthy and growing a little miracle! We've lost the weight before, we can do it again :))))))

Hope this helps?

Ali xxx

I only started looking pregnant about 2 weeks ago. I just looked fat before and seemed to spread outwards instead of out front! Lol I was a size 16 at the start too and had a wobbly tum to start with.

Xx

Tracey i still had a "pouch" after a csection with Ethan, i never lost the weight from the bottom of my stomach, it just wouldnt shift, so it i was the same, just looked like a fat belly for a while but now its got a definate bump shape, just with some extra padding from the last time! wont b long untill ur not even thinking about it anymore and showing off ur lovely bump. x

I was a size 16 before getting pregnant and I didn't start to show until around 20 weeks, since then I have ballooned and can only wear maternity clothes now. I look very pregnant now (am measuring 4 weeks bigger than I should be but thats due to excess fluid around the baby). If you're anything like me, you're bump will just pop out on you'll think where has that come from!!

I've just taken a piccie at work so apologies for the quality of photo from phone. I've posted onto bumpy pics thread....

Thanks for words of encouragement, I just feel fat - does not help that my hubby is a sexy firefighter with muscles on muscles - makes me feel like a frump!

This is my second, just been 5 years since last pregnancy I forget what it was like! Positive mental attitude and keep me away from the dodgy snacks!! But I looooove cheese.... once a week should be ok lol

Hi hun dont feel bad about how you look im sure you look lovely.
I too feel that i just look fatter and my belly is rather big and flabby now but people keep reassuring me that i look pregnant but i just dont think i do.
It doesn't help that when i was pregnant with my dd i didn't have a bump until i was nearly 7 months so feel a bit down about the fat gain this time round.

I'm eating cheese every day!! I make myself feel better by having salad in my cheese sandwich and having brown bread!!

This is my first pregnancy and I remember saying to OH that I wanted a big bump... now I wish I hadn't as I'm so uncomfortable especially at night.

I understand how you feel 1980. I too lost weight before falling pregnant though was a size 16. Now I am size 18 in maternity wear!

i also figure, the important thing is to look after the baby. I am not going on fad diets as it might affect the health of my baby. I am going to eat as well as I can and then after the baby is born lose the weight again . :( An eternally never ending saga in my life I am afraid. But hey, girls we have a baby on the way!!!!!! :dance:

I took another pic today at home and ill post it on Monday at work. Does not look so frumpy so feel better about myself. I know know I was very hormonal yesterday, cried at least 5 times.... Today is another day!

completely understand how you feel Tracey.
Ive always had large boobs and a very large stomach as thats where all my weight goes (my legs and arms are rather slim) so therefore my bump is hidden and its just making me look fatter. However, there is more of a "bump" if you like at the bottom of my stomach which makes my stomach look my bump like but this only came at 14 weeks.
its horrible :(

:hugs: I know exactly how you feel, I still just look fat :(

I'm a big girl and didn't get any real pregnancy bump at all until 22 weeks - now I am massive and you can definitley tell I'm pregnant. What I don't like is how the top of my bump from just under my boobs to belly buton is big and round and obviously pregnant, but my bottom stomach is still just flabby and not filled out at all- looks horrible - hence why I have never posted a bump pic!!! xxx

I'm a big girl and didn't get any real pregnancy bump at all until 22 weeks - now I am massive and you can definitley tell I'm pregnant. What I don't like is how the top of my bump from just under my boobs to belly buton is big and round and obviously pregnant, but my bottom stomach is still just flabby and not filled out at all- looks horrible - hence why I have never posted a bump pic!!! xxx

It sounds like yours is like mine - it comes out right from under my boobs rather than a football like bump, and the bottom of it just looks like normal to the top of my bikini line then like a stuck on pot! I took pics of mine but I just look bloody awful so not posting them anywhere!

I say post the pics. Ive looked at pics seeing sooo many size 8 girls with footballs.....its time to be proud of our bumps even if they do have flab hanging off them!!! Come on girls....post post post

Last edited:
i was a size 12 before hand, and ive scoffed and scoffed and have put weight on everywhere. especially my face! unfortunately not all of us can be size 8s with footballs, and im far from it :)

Hey Tracey!

I was size 14/16 before getting pregnant. But all my weight is from my belly button down, really flabby tum!

When I'm lay down I can really feel the bump but when stood up I just look like I've a fat belly. I just feel fat and feel I just look like I've put weight on........ Bring on the glow and nice bump, fingers crossed!!!!!

X

I've posted my pic this morning - even made me laugh trying to angle myself so I look leaner.... I'm the same, when I lie back its fine but when I stand up it all goes south. Anyone else having knicker problems due to fat tum below bump? All my pants seem too tight and I cant wait to get home and get em off!! (Lucky DH)

Pants are ok when I'm stoodup, but as soon as I sit I have to undo buttons!

Knickers are ok, but they do roll down to the bottom of my pouch.... Nice!!

I've always had a really flabby belly, So wish I didn't but I do, just hoping I look nice pregnant, as like I say at the moment my belly is just a slightly bigger pouch than it was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back