Bumps Query

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

Well i have a bit of a strange query about bumps. I was around a size 12 (14 on top due to GG booblies:( ) when i got my BFP! Now my stomach has always been a bit tubby and when i used to sit down i would get a big roll of fat on my lower tummy. Now that i am 15 weeks Baby phump is pushing my tubbyness out for the world to see and i think, if i'd of been slimmer i would have a cute little bump but instead because of my layer of fat it just looks like i have eaten all the pies because on the surface my belly it still really squishy :oops: (poor OH) So my query is will my belly/bump always look tubby and fat rather than a bump and will because of my size will i never get one of these really round firm gorgeous bump's like some of you slimmer ladies have. Oh why cann't my baby feed of my extra fat for a few months and slim me down some :rotfl:

Strange thing this bump envy but i've never been pregnant before and i just don't want to look fatter all the way through instead of pregnant.

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

LMP x

Don't worry you'll get your firm bump.

I'm a size 8 and have only just started showing this week for others to see. I'm impressed that yours was pushing out at 15 weeks. I promise you'll have a hard bump, both my sister in laws were much bigger than your size 12 (which is perfectly slim by the way) and they both had good hard bumps by 6 months!

:hug:

Im sure it will turn in to a lovely cute rounded bump very soon.
The baby has no where to go but out so the bump will become harder and more preggers looking in no time.
Ive been a size 12 for a 2 years now and it's not that big
Ive never been flat stomached but im ok with that my man loves me as i am. And i dont envy slim bodies all that much
But i tell you some thing I WANT YOUR BOOBS :rotfl:
:hug:
Lol Sarah

I was a size 16/18 when I got pregnant last time and I had a firm bump by 26 weeks, maybe sooner :think: but you will definately get a hard bump :D

Im still waiting for my nice firm bump this time around :lol:

i was a size 12 as well hun

u will get a bump that is nice and firm and round, i went through a week or so of looking fat and now bump has rounded off i look preggers :D it'll happen just give it time :wink:

I was a size 14/16 before I got preggers and had a flabby tum, i could definately pinch way more than an inch and my tum has never, ever been flat. By about 15 weeks or so it started to harden up, it will get rock solid - believe me!

Being pregnant is actually great for ladies who normally have flabby tums, cos its the one time in your life when you can wear figure hugging tops across your belly!

I am 25 weeks now and my bump firmed up about 22 weeks.

I used to joke about the flab getting in the way, but now seriously, its all bump :shock: With a bit of extra padding, but it sure does not look flabby.

Oh thats good to know PHEW :roll: roll on 20 weeks ish !! :cheer:

i was just so worried i would just always look fatter rather than preggers!

Geordie Lass you are welcome to them i hate them if i could pass them over i would :hug: :hug:

Thanks Guys

LMPx

I was the same as you until about 20 odd weeks. Until then the baby just made my fat tummy look more obvious and I didn't look at all pregnant!
Got a proper bump now but it's still really squishy to touch! I do look pregnant though as opposed to just fat. I've a pic posted in the bumps sticky

My bump didnt go hrd until - 20 weeks with baby number 1, about 27 weeks with baby number 2 and is still a little flabby at the bottom with this one!

i was a size 8 before i got pregnant but my bump looks like a roll of fat when i sit down too!! I'ts hard when i lie down and when stood up but still all squishy when sat down, your not alone :(

I was a size 12/14 and I have a proper baby bump, and have done since about 17ish weeks (it did look like fat at first :lol:) You will get there! :hug:

Little miss pink said:
Hi Ladies :wave:

Well i have a bit of a strange query about bumps. I was around a size 12 (14 on top due to GG booblies:( ) when i got my BFP! Now my stomach has always been a bit tubby and when i used to sit down i would get a big roll of fat on my lower tummy. Now that i am 15 weeks Baby phump is pushing my tubbyness out for the world to see and i think, if i'd of been slimmer i would have a cute little bump but instead because of my layer of fat it just looks like i have eaten all the pies because on the surface my belly it still really squishy :oops: (poor OH) So my query is will my belly/bump always look tubby and fat rather than a bump and will because of my size will i never get one of these really round firm gorgeous bump's like some of you slimmer ladies have. Oh why cann't my baby feed of my extra fat for a few months and slim me down some :rotfl:

Strange thing this bump envy but i've never been pregnant before and i just don't want to look fatter all the way through instead of pregnant.

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

LMP x

Hi

Your not alone I was 12/14 before BFP and have been feeling like I just have eaten to many pies. In fact I felt really down yesterday about it but after reading your post (I see we are about the same 15 weeksish) I don't feel its just me so may be we actually do look pregnant and should start to embrace our bump and realise it isn't pies :hug:

I was a size 10/12 before BFP and at 15 weeks I just looked fat :D At 16 weeks it was more obvious because OH's sister gave me maternity tops (she had a baby in March) and so that made a huge difference to how I looked. Even now there is a huge difference between how much looks like fat and how much like baby bump - but I'm very obviously pregnant. I recommend you go try on maternity tops and find one that you feel makes you look pregnant rather than fat. I'm 34E (actually, a lot bigger now but I hate bra shopping!) and I recommend the tops that tie under the bust - they really show off bump nicely whereas a lot of other tops just go down from bust to bump, iykwim?

I LOVE tie under the breast tops!!! them and my very tight stretchy tops, they're what make me look less fat and more pregnant

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Oh does anyone know a good place to go to find these tie under the breast tops i don't think i've seen them? :think:

Its nice to know i'm not alone on the squidgy bump score and moofa i completely know what you mean about it getting you down, it really was getting to me and i know it gets on my OH's nerves when i'm so negative but i just think people will look at me and think "oh yes she's piled on the pounds obviously using pregnancy as an excuse to stuff her face" and i know some people willl really really want to get excited and want to touch my bump like OH and parents and stuff and i just don't want them to touch it and then go urr FAT.

But now i feel a lot better it sounds like theres loads of bumps that started off just like mine. So roll on 20 weeks and hopefully it will firm up.

LMP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back