Bump is smaller than it should be :o(

Littlerayray

Reaction score
Hi all

At my 30 week appointment, the midwife said I was measuring only 29 weeks. Has anyone else had this? Is the baby likely to catch up in size? Should I be eating more? Or is there nothing I can do about it?

thanks! x

Me too... I've been measuring smaller then average at mw apps, but she wasn't worried as it is following the line and growing 1cm a week :) I'm not worried as had 4d scan and they said he was 55th centile, then 2 days after mw said measuring small - we will see in a few weeks :)

Charley was measuring 5 weeks behind and the mw was quite concerned. In the end he was born a week early but still weighed 8lb 6oz so it was completely wrong for us. I wouldn't worry too much. If your mw is concerned, she'll send you for a scan x x

grrrr...I'm being sent to a growth scan tomorrow ! bump has shrunk it seems...always been on the small side anyway ! now only measuring 34 at 39 weeks so got to go and have it checked out ! the MW had a good feel and she thinks baby size is ok (approx 6lbs) but it could be the placenta which is faulty ..oh well I'm not too worried,baby is still kicking and has a strong heartbeat but better be safe than sorry !
I wouldn't worry about measuring a bit too much or too little,apparently it should be a give or take of 2/3 cm !

Last edited:
i dont think there is anything you can do about it tbh! as long as you are eating healthy thats important, i dont think eating more will help. i had the smallest bump ever and you could barely tell i was pregnant. i had growth problems due to the placenta diagnosed around 30weeks ish, my lo was gaining weight but very slowly and he was born at 37weeks wighing 5lbs 2oz and he was perfectly fine! goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Im sure everything is fine at 40 weeks i measured 36 weeks But LO was born at 40+4 Weighing 8lb 1Oz so certainly Not small x

Don't worry at my appoints I've been measuring 2 weeks ahead and midwife wasn't worried x

Im currently being monitored as baby is small, it started off by only being 0.5cm smaller now we are at 3cm smaller, but because he fell below the growth chart line, they sent me for a scan to check everything ok, unfortunatly its bacause of my placenta not working 100%.. but am being monitored very closely.. i wouldnt worry about it as MW said majority of the time its just baby lying awkward, or just have a smaller baby! if she was concerned she would send you for a scan and check it out.

hi dont worry about it i measured 5 weeks behind and dont worry about bump going smaller at the end its most likely because the baby has dropped further down ready for birth :)

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your eating properly and drinking plenty there isn't much more you can do. It could be the way the baby's lying, my friend had her daughter 2 weeks ago and they told her to expect a small baby because she had a small bump and told her to expect around 5 to 6lb and her daughter came out 8lb 6 0z!! so don't worry, long as he/she is moving and your feeling okay it don't matter, everybody has different body shapes. :)

Then general rule is 2 cm either way is fine n mw won't worry, if u measure more or less they will send u for scan x

Hi I wouldn't worry too much I measured small some weeks but then had weeks where he grew loads so measured right, I did drop growing at 38 weeks but they weren't concerned at all and he was a healthy 6lb7 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back