Bump high vs bump low

bizzygirl101

Reaction score
Hi all you yummy mummies!

I am go through a 'really want to know the sex' phase, and my bump is really high. I know it is old wives and science says that it all depends on muscle tone etc.. but have you proved the old wives tale right?

i.e carry low for a boy and high for a girl!

Please help me - going loopy!! :x :eek:

Thanks!

im carrying my bump really low, but when i got my 20 week scan the dr said her best guess was a girl (but only due to no obvious boy parts) really she couldnt be arsed finding out the sex for us. So im technically having a surprise, i'll let you know what it is when i pop in (hopefully)5 weeks time. :D
i still think im having a boy :lol: but it is most likely a girl!

dont you have a 20 week scan soon, or have you had it and baby decided to be shy?

little*red said:
im carrying my bump really low, but when i got my 20 week scan the dr said her best guess was a girl (but only due to no obvious boy parts) really she couldnt be arsed finding out the sex for us. So im technically having a surprise, i'll let you know what it is when i pop in (hopefully)5 weeks time. :D
i still think im having a boy :lol: but it is most likely a girl!

dont you have a 20 week scan soon, or have you had it and baby decided to be shy?

Havnt had it yet booked for 7th March, my mum would kill me if I found out and I'm hoping this manic need to know stage will pass as would really like it to be a suprise!

I was carrying high and had a girl but i still think its a load of rubbish lol

im carrying very high and did on my first 2 also and all 3 boys xxx

i carried low with my second and 3rd and my second was a girl and my third is a boy, with my first and this one im carrying quite high, so it was wrong for me

mine was high but dropped lower over the last few weeks, I'm having a boy but I just put it down to him changing position as time progresses! :)

Mine was really high with Arianna - looked like I had a third boob!

Mine is a small round ball sitting pretty low and it's a girl... But she must have long legs because she likes to kick right under my stomach after I've eaten :?

the other tale is if you stick out then its a boy and if your bump is all round you and into you back its a girl.... that was so true for me too!

I carried high and I had a boy :)

SarahH said:
the other tale is if you stick out then its a boy and if your bump is all round you and into you back its a girl.... that was so true for me too!

My bump was all around me and hardly stuck out at all n I had a boy, lol

I think it does depend on the person :)

my bump sticks out, have not really put on much weight elsewhere apart from my bump :)

Hi I don't believe this at all as all babies are carried different no matter what the sex. I do believe the one about the heartbeat though which always seems to be right and even some midwives use it. If the heartbeat is below 140 bpm then it is a boy and over 140 bpm is a girl. When I was having Jake his heartbeat was always around 130 bpm at my ante natal appointments.

I carried high and never dropped and had a boy although I think its total tosh!!

In Wales people say low and wide for a girl and high and out front for a boy but in England its vice versa - i had a boy according to Welsh folklore.
I also heard that if you look a bit rounder and have lost your glow its cos the baby girl is stealing your looks!

Oh i forgot about heartbeats - Jakey was a definite train - i swear. Girls are apparently delicate horseys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back