Bump has definitely arrived

sholou_uk

Reaction score
14 weeks plus 2 and bump has grown quickly over last few days, loving it but worried midwife will say I have put on weight next week. She said I can only put on half a stone over the pregnancy. I see that near impossible unless I am having a tiny baby

1/2 a stone?! Is this possible whilst still being healthy for bump?

Why can you only put that weight on hun. Are you overweight x

38 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Not in obese category but slightly overweight, I don't know I didn't like my midwife, she looked at me strangely when I said I had morning sickness like it was an unusual symptom

Not in obese category but slightly overweight, I don't know I didn't like my midwife, she looked at me strangely when I said I had morning sickness like it was an unusual symptom

14 weeks plus 2 and bump has grown quickly over last few days, loving it but worried midwife will say I have put on weight next week. She said I can only put on half a stone over the pregnancy. I see that near impossible unless I am having a tiny baby

Either your MW is talking rubbish or you've misunderstood hun.

I think they say half a stone is average for Tri 1 and then (again this is just an average) you gain a lb a week in Tri 2 :shock:

I think 2-3 stone is the average gain

xxxxxxxxxx

I would call to clarify what she has said - 1/2 stone seems bizarre! Not to mention impossible! :)

This is only usually the case when your are classed as 'Obese' at the beginning of your pregnancy as they advise you to eat a sensible balanced diet 2000 cal per day which would effectively ensure that you lost weight at first before gaining baby weight in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. That's the textbook answer anyway but usually if your urine and blood pressure are ok throughout your pregnancy they shouldn't worry too much about your weight, this is my 3rd pregnancy and with each of my previous pregnancies I put on over 3 stone (even though I was classed as overweight to start with) and nothing was said to me. In this pregnancy I have already gained nearly 2 stone at 28 weeks and have come to realise that it's just what happens with me when I'm pregnant, my midwife (also not the best) made a little comment at my 25 wk appointment about me realising that as long as I knew I'd be the one that had to lose the weight again after the baby was born (due to me being an operational firefighter and going back 7 months after bubba arrives) then she wasn't concerned lol.

Just enjoy your pregnancy and as long as your health isn't suffering do as you feel comfortable :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back