Bugger - I'm addicted!

monster_munch

Reaction score
To cloth nappies that is :oops:

DH finally found out how much the nappies cost. Went a bit loopy but I managed to get round him by saying he paid the same amount for his new Xbox, and these nappies will save us money in the long run!

They hwon't do this however, if I don't stop buying pretty boosters, and washable wipes, and random other nappies to "try out" :wall: oopsy!

Let's hope he doesn't check the bank account hey - if I'm not on for a while, someone call the police (although I won't be on Mon through Fri as I'm on my hols!)
:lol:

I dont see his xbox doing anything to help the enviroment :shakehead:
You tell him I said so!!

I really want to try out cloth nappies with his little one, but i'm scared i don't have enough patience. :(. They look so cute! and eventually would end up saving us money - but right now, there's probably no possibility that i could afford enough to start out xx

kadesmummy said:
I really want to try out cloth nappies with his little one, but i'm scared i don't have enough patience. :(. They look so cute! and eventually would end up saving us money - but right now, there's probably no possibility that i could afford enough to start out xx

You still have quite a few weeks to go, put some money aside each week. My full time kit cost £160 which is a lot but when you break it down it's easily saved up :hug:

I agree! It's definitely worth saving. Maybe figure out what you would spend per week in disposables and put at least that much aside. There are lots of price ranges, incentive schemes, secondhands... It's definitely do-able.

Or buy second hand :D

I was addicted but its clamed down now :lol:

BUT Finlay is moving onto the next size soon so it starts again :lol:

kadesmummy said:

Ive been using them most of the time (still use disposables at night and when out and about) and ive found it alright so far! You do have to be a bit more organised of course eg working out how many you need while others are in the wash but once you get into the routine of it its ok!
I have a pack of 5 totsbots which was £45 new (mum bought it as a present) and i got another 5 little lamb second hand from ebay for about £30 and this does us fine, so it doesnt need to be too expensive and its well worth it! :)

I was lucky enough to be given mine- a hand-me-down from a big cousin. I have 15 and that has been plenty. I do laundry every day (wouldn't if I had twice the amount), but that means I don't need as many sleepsuits, vests, etc, because they can be washed at the same time.

moss said:
I was lucky enough to be given mine- a hand-me-down from a big cousin. I have 15 and that has been plenty. I do laundry every day (wouldn't if I had twice the amount), but that means I don't need as many sleepsuits, vests, etc, because they can be washed at the same time.

I have 20 and do a wash every 2/3 days so you might be able to stretch it out to every 2 days ;) Have a try :lol:

Personally I don't wash anything else with the nappies. Just them on their own but I have it down to a t now and know exactly when to put them all on (apart from the one he is wearing and a spare one) so that they are all washed in time and the machine is half full (have a half load button)

How do you make them last so long? Jacob pees A LOT. Will that slow down as he gets older? I don't go through 15 in a day, but if I don't do a load in the morning he'll run out sometime in the second day. I put them through a rinse cycle first so am happy to wash them with other things.

moss said:
How do you make them last so long? Jacob pees A LOT. Will that slow down as he gets older? I don't go through 15 in a day, but if I don't do a load in the morning he'll run out sometime in the second day. I put them through a rinse cycle first so am happy to wash them with other things.

Em I have no idea :lol: Finlay pees alot too and change him about every 2/3 hours, sometimes more often.

I usually put the load on when I have 1 or 2 left in the basket and they are washed and dried in time for those 2 being used. I have microfibre ones that are practiacally dry when they come out the machine so that helps. I usually put a load on sometime in the afternoon on day 3.

Try it and see :D

I do the same as you Moss. I only have 12 but do a wash every day. Rinse first, then wash with other items of his soiled clothing so he doesn't need as many clothes :)

ok so now i have:

Cloth wipes, in various macho designs, don't ask why they need to be in macho designs, i don't know!
4 'macho' boosters, see above
6 or possibly 8 white boosters
4 motherease airflow wraps
12 motherease sandys
1 kooshies ultra all in one
1 stuffable (by nature babies) although this is in small
1 eenee designs wrap type thing

On the way i have:

A nappy, wrap and booster set with motorbikes on
A weenotion northern lights ... Something...
2 cwlt twt bambw... I think! It's a bloody foreign language! Lol!
A flowertotbots nappy (see i have no idea what i have bought.!)
And a couple of nappies to try from bee which i can't recall now!

I'm in big shit when we get back off holiday and dh can't open the door because of the pile of nappies in the way!

:rotfl: thanks... It would have been a nice suprise when they came through the door!!

Oops I ordered some more wraps :lol:

A blueberry one and 2 others that I've forgotten the name of :lol:

Oh and I bought a wool wrap too from Nicola g

i just tried to order a wrap and a taggie blanket from a site but phone keeps playing up and wouldn't let me pay. Bugger!
But to make up for it i went onto the Weenotions and bought a skull be crossbones northern lights nappy and a nappy bag :lol:

Since the start of this thread, I have bought one trial nappy from modern baby, 30 washable wipes, 15 washable liners, 8 boosters, 4 bambinex nappies, 2 wool shorts, soap bits for homemade baby wipes, a breastfeeding necklace, breastfed baby growth charts, a glass bottle, and a waffle iron. :lol:

Thanks, PF.

monster_munch said:
i just tried to order a wrap and a taggie blanket from a site but phone keeps playing up and wouldn't let me pay. Bugger!
But to make up for it i went onto the Weenotions and bought a skull be crossbones northern lights nappy and a nappy bag :lol:

Thats the one I got :lol: Not coming for 2-3 weeks though :( and still not got my clwt twts :(

I got swaddlebees wraps with the blueberry one and just ordered to more blueberry wraps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back