Brown stained mucus

Donz&J

Reaction score
Hi, today I had a brown tinge mixed in with my cervicul mucus, it was there when I went to the bathroom, I went to the hospital to get checked out (no scan or nothing, told to wait it out) and the stain faded the next time I went to the loo, I had NO cramps or anything like that, no clots, no fresh blood either. There is nothing at all when I wipe now. I also should be around 9 weeks......if I am pregnant. I havent had a period since 7th Oct but had neg HPT's and am awaiting the results of a blood test. With my previous pregnancy I read neg hpt's and it was only confirmed via blood at 7 weeks (but i m/c). I have all the preg symptoms and was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this...???

Hi hun, i'm having the exact same thing at the moment. Apparently bleeding in early pregnancy is very common but it doesn't make it any less worrying. The fact that it's brown normally indicates old blood.
When will you get the results of your blood test?

Hope all is ok with you :hug:

Results on monday, Im dead worried though ......

That must seem like an age to wait. It is worrying and I know exactly how you feel sweetie. I wish I had some words of comfort to make you feel better. Just know that this is really common (i've been googling!) and about 20% of women experience this in early pregnancy.
Have you had anything since? Mine's gone from pink to brown to red but it's only when I wipe and almost non-existent most of the time but it's worrying nonetheless.

Thinking of you and sending loads of :hug: your way xx

It is still there now but like you it is only when i wipe. Mine has stayed a dark brown colour. Yeah it does seem an age away and it doesn't seem to be coming any quicker! It is reasurring when you hear that someone else is in the same boat. Thank you xx

Well I still have it very lightly today, still with no cramps or anything related to what a m/c feels like.....

keeping it all x'd that all will be well for you sweetie :hug:

So, Update.
Went to the loo earlier and wiped and there was a fair amount of blood on the tissue and some stringy bits (two of them), It was less than an amount of a nose bleed roughly but now it has become a watery pinky stain instead, I am having no pain at all or any sort of cramps in the slightest.
I'm dead confused, will check again in an hour and let you know......

Well I have just checked and it is very light and dark brown again.........Still confused, any idea's.?

No idea hun but just wanted to say I hope everything is ok :hug:

Is it tomorrow you get your results?

Yep should be ready for tomorrow but maybe tuesday! The waiting is killing me!

I can imagine honey.

Try and look at it like this - you can't do anything about it either way. So, whether the results come tomorrow or the day after, while you are dying to know, what is in the scheme of things a few extra hours will make very little difference.

Have everything crossed for you hun!

I had some brown sort of sticky (TMI) discharge at 7 weeks. I freaked out and then started Googling and it sounded quite common. Mentioned it to my doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about.

A few days later I started to bleed brown (old) blood. About a teaspoon full per day. I had a scan and it showed a 'bruise' with old blood next to the amnio sac - they don't know why it's there but it isn't harming the baby and this is the source of the old bleed I'm experiencing. I've been bleeding for about a week and looks like it finally stopped yesterday!

I had to wait 4 days for the scan and it was a terrifying time but the reassurance that everything was fine was exactly what I needed. Good luck with the blood test today/tomorrow and if you're still bleeding insist that your doctor books you in for a scan as a precaution.

Any news sweetie? Wishing you well and keeping it all x'd for you :hug:

I have had spotting etc since i found out and have been really worried. I ended up going for a scan to put my mind at rest and was told I have extra chroinic haemorriging (sp) apprently it is very common and the staff at my local EPU just told me to take things easy and rest as much as possible (easy said that done i know especially at this time of year) They said that the bleed should absorb as is not attached to the sac.

sending loads of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:. XXX

Not going to say too much tonight but I will know (hopefully) the full story tommorow, but yes am still bleeding but it is virtually nothing now, have docs in the morning and will update you.

Hi
Seems like my M/C has fully begun, getting cramps and clots now so I think it is all over, they are booking me in for a scan but it seems like it is back to the start for us. Feel pretty gutted but have to look forward and not back......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back