Brown spotting after number 2...

bex1992

Reaction score
Sorry for the tmi again i have a habbit of it! But basically as it says in the title.. has anyone had brown mucous like discharge after straining for number 2? Currently 8 weeks after a miscarraige last year so as soon as i saw it my heart has sunk, however it was only 2 'blobs' within mucous, non since and no pain other than the constipation.
Phoned my EPU and they dont seem concerned but have an early scan on monday just in case... has anyone else had it? xox

I had pink discharge after straining (love pregnancy constipation!) I'm in Tri2 and rh -v so called the MAU, who got me to come in. I have been told I have cervical ectropion. Basically where some of the cells from inside my cervix had moved to the outside to live, and they are a bit sensitive.

It could be something similar, or it could just be a bit of old blood from implantation.

As far as I have been advised, brown means old and is nothing really to worry about. The good thing is you have an early scan and that should help to put your mind at ease.

Good luck, but I'm sure it will all be fine.

Thankyou, I've been googling about it which is a good/bad thing to do and came across the term ectropion and did wonder exactly what it was which youve just put into terms I understand rather than medical lingo!

I am suffering with constipation despite eating plenty of fiber and taking mild laxatives prescribed so i'm just hoping and praying it is that! I suffered from it even before i found out i was pregnant but its twice as bad now..

Just wondered if it was common which it seems to be! Sadly i cant pass wind without having a panic attack over losing this baby too so this has tipped me over, think i'll be asking for stronger laxatives and eating liquorice for my tea lol, hopefully this scan will be okay and i'll relax in all ways! xxx

I was the same. Constipated even before pregnancy, so it only got worse.

Dr. Google is more harm than good I've found. Ultimately everything leads to losing baby regardless of what it is. I spent so many weeks being paranoid , but slowly learning to take it in my stride. I think baby number 1 is just the worry baby. No idea what to expect and worrying needlessly about every little thing.

Dr. Google is more harm than good I've found. Ultimately everything leads to losing baby regardless of what it is.

Oh my gosh- truer words have never been spoken! Thank you for this!

This is my third baby and the first pregnancy I've had spotting in the first tri. Sometimes brown, sometimes pink, it's the scariest thing ever. I so get it!

Yes. Oh my gosh it's stressful. I've had it on and off since new year (been scanned and ok), i was told to take aspirin due to past mcs and it's making it worse or prolonging (imo) so I've stopped it.

How was your scan? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back