Brown blood in first trimester

Heatherlucie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am only four weeks and 3 days and experiencing some bleeding-this is only brown blood with no clots but it is troubling me. This is my second pregnancy-the first ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks(baby stopped growing at 5). I do remember getting some brown blood then but it soon led to a horrible discharge and then the miscarriage. I guess I am scared of it happening all over again. Every time I go to the toilet I feel apprehensive. Has anyone else experienced this? I would really love to hear some words of wisdom!

Heather :roll:

Hi again Heather,

I had some brown loss around new year... it was quite heavy but just the once and it turned out to be nothing. I hope that it is the same for you, fingers crossed :hug:

I know it's so terrifying but just try to get plenty of rest and not worry too much about it. I would get a GP appointment if I were you for tomorrow if possible as no bleeding in pregnancy is normal and if it persists it needs to be investigated.

I really do hope that things will go better for you this time around, chick. Keep your chin up :hug:

Hi again,

I went to the doctor yesterday and she said that it can happen to some women as it can just mean that the cervix shredding (nice!) and that only if I started to get fresh blood with cramping should I go back. To be honest she seemed a little annoyed that I turned up...it only made me realise how little can be done in the first trimester. I can have a scan at 10 weeks now I believe so am just praying that all goes well. :hug:

I had bleeding in my last 2 pregnancys, both went full term & were perfectly healthy babies, so bleeding does not always mean its the end, but i know all to well how worrying it is, i still keep expecting to bleed with this one :roll:. Contact your gp tell them how worried you are, they should be able to sort out a visit to the early pregnancy unit. Try to stay posative & get pleanty of rest :hug:

Just ignore her being annoyed... this is your baby and it doesn't matter if you're 4 weeks or 40 weeks... you want him/her to be ok!! Doctors shouldn't make people feel like that :shakehead:

Best of luck and I hope the loss clears up so you can stop worrying and start enjoying being pregnant :hug:

Heatherlucie said:
Hi again,

I went to the doctor yesterday and she said that it can happen to some women as it can just mean that the cervix shredding (nice!) and that only if I started to get fresh blood with cramping should I go back. To be honest she seemed a little annoyed that I turned up...it only made me realise how little can be done in the first trimester. I can have a scan at 10 weeks now I believe so am just praying that all goes well. :hug:
I hate docs that make you feel like your wasting their time :evil: You can just ring through to EPU and chat to them, i did the other day when i was worrying about something, they were really friendly and helpfull.

I second that - I couldnt get hold of the gp and didnt have a midwife yet but was having crampy pains. They booked me in for a scan even though I hadnt been referred and were really lovely and helpful.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I was a little annoyed at the doctor myself to be honest. Babyblonde how far along were you when you had the scan at the epu ? :hug:

my miscarriage went straight into bright red blood. iv heard that brown blood is ok :think: some women pour with red blood and have normal healthy babies tho so unfortunatley theres just no way of telling. fx for you all is well :pray: :hug:

Heatherlucie said:
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was a little annoyed at the doctor myself to be honest. Babyblonde how far along were you when you had the scan at the epu ? :hug:

Between 6 and 7 weeks hun - not much to see but they did find a heartbeat :hug:

Thanks x

Also my tummy feel very sensitive and twingy...like I can actually feel it changing. This is not something I experienced before..has anyone has the sensitive feeling before? :)

I was bleeding heavily (bright/dark red - like a period) from weeks 7-9, then from 10-12 I had brown bleeding/spotting. I had more red bleeding last week at 14w.Three scans so far, and baby still seems ok.

This was straight after a m/c, when I'd had brown bleeding, so obviously I was scared. Sometimes bleeding's bad, and sometimes - even when heavy and red - it's fine. I know this won't help much but try to stay positive, it really doesn't always mean the worst.

I had lots of funny little twinges too - occasional cramps, but it felt more like the kind of cramp/pull you'd get after an hour at the gym than period pains. Again, it gets very difficult to tell - unfortunately, that's pregnancy! Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back