Breech baby and iron tablets!

BKR123

Reaction score
Hi :) I had my 28week bloods done and it showed my iron was low, so I have been taking iron tablets - now 31weeks. But they aren't making me feel any better at all! Still dizzy, knackered, pale, shakey, everything. How long does it take for te tablets to start working?

Also, baby is breech. She's been this way for about 10weeks and hasn't turned at all, wiggles a bit from side to side but not a full turn :/ I really don't want a section, took me nearly two weeks to get over appendixs I think a baby would take months! Haha, any one got any advice how I can try and get her to turn whilst she's still small? Just a mini roll causes me a lot of pain, so I think a full turn in a few weeks will be horrible! Yes my pain tolerance is appalling!!!

Any advice/experiences would be great :) x

I wouldn't worry about her being breech yet only concerned when you are 36/37 weeks. Then need to discuss options.

Try not to slouch on the sofa, sit as upright as you can.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Have you been taking iron tablets for 3 weeks? If so I would have thought they would have worked by now. Do you know about taking them with orange juice (vitamin c) helps absorption. And to avoid milk and dairy for say an hour either side as calcium inhibits absorption of iron.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Red blood cells live for 3m...so it takes 3m to fully replace your iron stores at three times a day dosing. So it will be a slow improvement with oral iron I'm afraid. But it will still help get you up to normal before birth :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back