Dannii...a quick qestion about your iron

Riot_Grrrl

Reaction score
hiya dan :wave: can you tell me what your iron levels were at their worst, i just got a letter from docs telling me i have very low iron and need to start taking the tablets ASAP, i rang the nurse for a word and she told me this could mean i need a blood transfusion?? do you have any other info on low iron in pregnancy, could this be damaging baby? thanx xx

Hiya

Just to say Dannii is at the London Forum Meet today so may not see this til later, but didn't want you panicing until then!

I don't know much about iron lvels so unfortunately can't give too much advice, but I think they have managed to control things for Dannii and all is good with her and little Evie :) xx

Hi hun!

They were 6.1 but by the time they did my 2nd lot and spoke to me about my results (and they did say that I'd probably need a transfusion), they had increased to 8.4 which was such a big jump that they decided to wait a few days to see how they are increasing.

Apparently they had something to do with the white blood cells being low (due to the infection somewhere).

After finishing my first pack of iron tablets (still got loads more!) they'd jumped to 10.2 (which is just above the "worrying" level) so they're just keeping a close eye on me now and doing lots of blood tests to check everything.

I feel soooo much better now - Hope you do too, keep us updated!! xx

Mine were recently just above the worrying level at 10. something so I was put on iron tablets and I had another blood test done last week which I will get the results for next week. Apparantly they worry because if your iron levels drops too low then it means that your blood doesnt clot properly or something. Hope things gets better for you.

I was put on iron tablets when I was 37/28 weeks and had iron levels of 10.1. But I was told that was borderline so not too bad.

Hope you're okay :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back