Breech Baby - When did they turn?

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Found out yesterday, that despite my MW's (yes there are 2 of them), telling me my baby has been head down for weeks, that he is in fact breech - the words the Sonographer used were "he is completely breech"?? Which would explain why I feel all movements very low down and have constant kicks to my cervix :oops:

Apparently his head is tucked tightly under my ribs and he is sitting comfortably on my bladder - explains a lot :oops:
Im 33 weeks today, and just wondered what his chances are of turning, considering the statistics say that only 5% are still breech by this stage! Apparently my DH was breech, and never turned (wouldnt expect anything else :D ), and Im hoping our baby doesnt have his fathers stubborn nature :D

So was wondering how many of you had breech babies by this stage of your pregnancy, and if they turned - at how many weeks? The hospital told me that if/when he turns it might make me feel quite ill, and will feel some huge movements......??

Im not letting it stress me out at all, but its difficult not knowing what sort of birth to now expect, as I had it all straight in my head before yesterday!

Thanks ladies :hug:

Ellie turned around 33-34 weeks if i remember right, I did lots of crawling around on my hands and knees :lol: and spent alot of time on birth ball & she turned :D it made me feel physically sick when she did, it was a huuuuuuge movement and I thought she was gunna pop out of my belly button at one point :lol: Plenty of time yet hun get on them hands and knees hehe x

i found out melissa was breech at 33 weeks when i went for 3D private gender scan- i tried all the things they said, sit forward on the edge of your seat with knees below hip level, slouching encourages baby to stay breech as does leaning back- sleeping on my left side, bouncing on a gym ball- and i gave up hope at 36 weeks when first babies as she was mine are supposed to be well fully engaged into birth position- i resigned myself to an elective c-section :(

but at just before 37 weeks she suddenly turned! :cheer: and i got my home birth i'd wanted, plus she made up for her mischief by arriving right on her due date!

there is still hope. ask ur MWs about the exercises, and do the sitting positions, it sucks not being allowed to lie back comfortably on the couch when ur heavily preggas, but its worth it for baby to turn. good luck :hug:

Never did.

Had a scan at 32 weeks, said he was breach. Saw a consultant at 36 weeks, said he had turned - he hadnt. Midwife felt every week and said he was head down - he was not.

Was born with a slop in his head as he was andhad been growing in my ribs - this SOON went, not noticeable to other people by 3 weeks.

Whatever people say, demand a scan at 37 weeks. As your C section will be at 38ish weeks. I took the word of some idiot consultant feeling my belly...!! :wall:

My son was transverse (lying across my belly) and did not turn.
They say after 34 weeks that baby is unlikely to turn and Ive a feeling your lo may not as its hitting that mark.

Hi Liza

I'm afraid my DD never turned so had an elective c-section at 39 weeks. It looks like this one is going the same way as they are still breech so I've been booked for another section on the 19th Dec. They ae not going to try and turn the baby as the risks are too high due to other complications!

Funniy my OH and his brother were both breech too! Back then though they were delivered naturally. I think there is only about 2 hospitals in the UK who will delivery breech babies routienly!

Thanks for the replies.......

Started reading about c-sections for the first time, just in case, and DH and I started talking last night about Plan B, in case he doesnt turn!

Im forever optimistic he may turn, but am so determined not to get myself stressed out if he doesnt, what will be, will be, and having a healthy baby is the most important thing!

Ellie, Josh was breech - I was booked to see the consultant on the 23rd of December 1989 and the night of the 22nd we actually saw him turn in my tummy - I felt like he was coming out of my mouth at one point :D he was due on christmas eve but didnt actually arrive until the 29th!! It may have been 19 years ago but I still remember the feeling....

This LO is either transverse or breech - they keep on changing their mind but we have a scan on Tuesday to check for sure..... I think its a good idea reading all you can and keeping an open mind but you just never know :hug:

Jane x

I was 36 weeks + a few days when Tia turned... I remember it clearly too... :lol: we moved in to our new house and I had been carrying stuff up and down the stairs (3rd floor flat with no lift) often using my tummy as support... ad that night Tia went nuts... she moved and kicked so much thought she was trying to escape.... 3 days later I saw the MW ad she said she was head first where at my 36 week appointment she was definitely bum down :) Even had a scan and my c section was planned with the consultant..

You've got a while yet hun... so don't worry too much... :hug: :hug: :hug:

You still have time - dont panic yet!

Mine turned at 34 weeks and then she engaged straight away.

I spent a lot of time on all fours and then one morning I woke up and I just knew that she had turned...my bump felt so different - MW confirmed it at next appointment.

Lots of luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back