Breastfeeding mums and their first period

Woldo

Reaction score
So my son is 9 months today (my second child) and ten days ago I had a little bit of blood when I wiped and thought AF was back but had nothing else that day. Then yesterday I had a little but thought it was from my back end as I'd had a poo and today I had a little more which was definately from my lady bits. Sorry tmi. Both my boys were exclusively breastfed. I didn't have a period with my first son until after 1 year when I finished brwastfeeding and I'm sure it was like a normal period. I'm just wondering when other breastfeeding mums had their first period and if theirs came in little spots here and there or if it was just like a normal period. Tia x

Mine came in little spots here and there for the entire time I have been breastfeeding then at 3 months I had my first proper one was a bit disappointed I never really got the break from it like most people get. First proper one was very very heavy and I needed a tampon and a pad for the first few days.

Oh ok. I was just a bit worried because I've only been having little shows here and there and the first time round it was just a full on visit from AF!. I must admit I'm dreading the first proper one. :/ xx

I got mine at about 9 months and spotted for a day before it came on full.

I got mine at 7/8 months and was exclusively breastfeeding. It was like a normal period but I would say a bit lighter and nowhere near as painful. They were very irregular though, I used to be every 28 days but whilst breastfeeding there were around 50 days between the first two, then 40, then 30 etc and then I got pregnant at 13 months after my daughter was born and that happened to be the month I stopped breastfeeding completley.

I had my first at 8.5months. Mine were kind of regular after that though my cycle was long. My first one was light and my second one was really heavy. It's quite common to get irregular spotting to start with though.

I never breastfed, but my sister had her first period when her daughter was 8 weeks old, despite exclusively breastfeeding. Apparently my mum had the same.

I've exclusively breastfed two children. With my first, periods came back at 9wks and with my second at 17wks. There wasn't any intermittent behaviour, I typically have a 27 day cycle and the second period came a few days later than expected but that was all.

I would have loved to get to 9 months or so, especially as I'm not having any more children and have no desire for them to come back at all lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back