6-month-old eating habits

trixipaws

Reaction score
so i can compare to "average", please tell me roughly what times ur 6-month old has milk (if bottles, also state how many mls) and solids, and typically what solids they will have.
thanx in advance

millie has:
7am - breast-feed
8.30 - baby porridge
12.30 - jar of baby-food, usually something fruity
3pm - bottle-feed 100mls (just started this today!)
5pm - 2 ice-cubes of my mum's home-made soup mixed with a little baby rice
6.30pm - milk (usually breast-feed but might try bottle again 2nite)
1am - breast-feed
4am - breast-feed

This is Poppy's current feeding routine:-

9am - bottlefeed - 170mls
10am - Breakfast (porridge or weetabix with fruit puree) + water
1pm - bottlefeed - 170 mls
4:30pm - bottlefeed - 170mls
5:30pm - Dinner (3/4 jar) + juice
8pm - bottlefeed - 190mls

Plus she has about 60mls of bottle during the night, but hoping to swap it to water soon and hoping that she will stop once in own room.

Also I would give her lunch aswell but my hv told me not to as she is overweight.

I'm not sure whether I'm giving her too much milk, I'm finding it all confusing.

I know Matilda is a couple of weeks older but this is what she has:

7.30-8am 61/2 oz bottle
9-10am either 1 weetabix mixed with 90ml of formula or baby rice mixed with formula, mixed with fresh fruit
12.30-1pm - sweet potato (normally 4 ice cube thingys)mixed with fruit or veg, or soup, if still hungry also a youghurt
4-5pm - a baby cream thing that you get out here, bit like custard
7-8pm - 61/2 oz bottle formula

I give her water with all her meals and try her with it on and off during day.

have this week tried her with a 'meat' soup as she wont eat chicken

Thanks to some excellent tips from FluffyBunny, Isaac is more into a routine and here's how he ate today;

*6.40am 7oz EDIT He will sometimes have a fruit pot here

*11.00am 4&aHalf oz + Half jar Fishbake &Half jar Egg Custard

*Then fingers foods, including; 2 tangerines which are put in this and he sucks out all the juice, 3 organix carrot crisps, Half a slice of brown toast with Dairylea spread, some days he will have fruit puree pots, rusks and biscuits on top of that.

*5.00pm 4oz + Half jar Creamed Vegetables & Half jar Strawberry Cheesecake

*7.30pm 8oz

Maia has...

08.15: 8oz milk , weetabix followed by a slice of buttered toast or a stick of cheese.

12.30: 8oz milk, 6 cubes mixed meat/veg or one small jar. followed by a petit filous or similar and maybe a rusk.

17.00: As above but fennel tea instead of milk and no rusk

19.15: 8oz milk

Sometimes she still wakes for feeds at 4am! :roll:

Freya is a little older but heres how she eats
8am weetabix or porridge made with milk from a 7oz bottle, she then drinks the remainder.
11.30 lunch, finger foods, whomeal bread, melon, banana, 3 organix carrot sticks, biscotti, juice
2pm bottle (6oz)
5.30 pm dinner, either ,mash potato, broccoli, carrots or a hipp 7 month jar which she finishes, yeo valley organic fruit thick yoghurt (which she loves) juice (wont drink water :roll: )
7.30 7 oz bottle she then sleeps through till breakfast.

Leif has

9ish A 9oz bottle of formula and occasionally some porridge (dont always drink all the formula)

11/12 o clock A 7 month size jar of main course food and occasionally a small jar of pudding, Sometimes if he will take it a bit of juice.

Around 2.30/3.00 A 9oz bottle of formula

around 5.30ish A 7 month size jar of pudding and occasionally a small jar of main. Sometimes if he will take it a bit of juice.

8.00 ish A 9oz bottle of formula

Sometimes he will wake up for a bottle later to and also has some rusks and things during the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back