Breast Reductions

jenna

Reaction score
I know iv made a few posts about this but iv had a couple of sleepless nights due to my chest and iv decide that im going to go for it. Im booking a doctors apointment for this week and im going to try and presuade her to refer me for a BR. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes from being refered to having the operation? :think: :hug:

I'm not sure hun but just wanted to wish you good luck :)
I don't know what it must feel like (me being an A cup lol) but I can imagine it must be quite painful and uncomfortable. :hug: :hug:

:hug: Thank you.
Iv got an apointment for Monday, im so nervous. Iv looked on NHS direct and it says you need to fit the criteria. Im so worried that i wont fit it for what ever reason and then ill be stuck with these forever :shock: :cry:

jenna said:
:hug: Thank you.
Iv got an apointment for Monday, im so nervous. Iv looked on NHS direct and it says you need to fit the criteria. Im so worried that i wont fit it for what ever reason and then ill be stuck with these forever :shock: :cry:

I've noticed from some of your previous posts how unhappy you are with them and how it's affected you so I'm pretty sure you'll fit the criteria :hug:

Hi Jenna,

I first saw the doctor in late-1998 about getting a reduction and I got mine in mid-2001... so about 2.5 years for me, but worth the wait :cheer:

PM me if you'd like to know more about the operation etc.

Best of luck :hug:

Well she didnt seem too confident that theyd do it. Aparently the NHS dont really do them anymore because its seen as cosmetic :shock: Im so anoyed, she kept going on about the risks and how other people would feel. I dont care how other people will feel, if there not behind me 100% then F them!! :x

She seemed more interested in my marriage than owt else saying our relationship was 'exceptional' :roll: Because i needed to feel like an ever bigger freak!!

Anyway only 3 weeks and i should have an apointment date to see someone at sheffield hospital. :| :cry:

ooooo you'll have to let us know how it goes... good luck... im sure you'll get it... ive read many of your posts sayin about ur unhappy with ur boobs...

ive always wanted a reduction.... let us kno what happens..

Doctors called and said theyve got me an apointment for 2nd May. Im kinda excited! She said it'd take upto 3 weeks to get a letter and theyve got me an apointment just over a week after. So excited/scared/nervous/worried :D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :oops:

Oh, well done!!! I really want a breast reduction too! Hoping to get in on NHS after I have another baby!

Sorry for the question, but how big your boobs are? Mine are 38G :shock: so I dont know if I qualify.

Well the last bra i bought was a 36G and it doesnt fit (too small) :cry:

receptionist called and said that the hospital has cancelled my appointment because i need to see another GP first (no idea why) but iv got an apointment tomorow to see another GP... :shock: Nervous!

:cry: I went to see my gp today and the nhs has refused to pay for it. I can either do it private or make an apeal so iv apealed it. They offerd me physcological treatment even though 'it wouldnt address the problem but it will help you if your upset' Why will they folk out for something i dont need but not what i do need? Im so angry :x

Not sure what my next steps are, possibly going to make a complaint based on the fact that theyve not even heard my points or seen my boobs but yet theyve turned me down for surgery :shock: only took them 30minutes to decide! charming :wall:

Jenna, best of luck with the appeal - if that does fail though you could think about private, most clinics offer interest free medical loans so if your procedure was to cost £4k then you'd only pay back £4k and they will work a plan so you can make monthly repayments after surgery that you can afford - it's just an idea perhaps, I've read some of your other posts and know how unhappy they are making you. Best of luck with the appeal though and worth re-applying in a few years time if your appeal isn't successful as sometimes you can be refused on the grounds that aged 18/19 your breast tissues might still be developing so re-appling in a while is another thought I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back