Breast or bottle fed babies!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Hi, im just enquiring what you mums out there would do for your babies.. breast or bottle fed..

I have had 2 children and done both, yet when i breast fed bradley they told me he was lactose intolorant and after 4 weeks i was gutted.. my milk dried up :cry:

Then 4 wereks later i was told he was ok to have breast milk..
im not sure what to do for the best incase it happens again..

i dont want to end up being dissapointed like last time..

Give it another go hunny, if it doesnt work out, well at least you have tried, dont be so hard on yourself :)

:hug:

I agree with Tasha and if the do say he's lactose intolerant could you express for a little while and freeze the milk - not sure how long you can freeze breastmilk for tho sorry!

Is your other child lactose intolerant if not then I'd say the chances of this baby being is small good luck which whatever you decide.

try boob and if it doesnt work out then uv got formula!!!

Go breast.

If they are lactorse intolerant would they have to have special formula anyway?
In which case whatever you decide if intolerant you would have to change from whatever milk you were using boob or formula?

Definately breast :D

thanks girls, yes he had to go on lactose free milk in the end, ..

what upset me is they didnt tell me they was trialing it and never told me to carry on expressing, but thanks for your advice, im gonna express till they give me the nod this time..

I want to do by whats right and thats breast fed i think

Leorah is milk protein intolerant and I can still breastfeed but avoid dairy in my diet but I don't know if you can do this with a lactose intolerant baby ? :?

Hi skatty, its something to do with the sugars milk has, and breast milk has it as well.. basically means the baby cant break down the sugars as well and there tummys blow up, causing all sorts of problems for them

Bradley went on to lactose free milk and i tell ya it smelt foul, made me sick everytime i made it up, its not nice!!!

definately give it another go!
this time listen to no one and just folow your instincts. Lactose intollerance does not affect breastfed babies so long as you don't eat or drink too much dairy produce. In fact its the best way of feeding a lactose intollerant baby.

I personally think that everyone should atleast try breastfeeding if they havn't before and see how they get on as it is the best option. I think that even if you only do it for a short time then it is better than not at all. At the end of the day then if it doesn't work out you can switch to formula.

Gemz said:
I personally think that everyone should atleast try breastfeeding if they havn't before and see how they get on as it is the best option. I think that even if you only do it for a short time then it is better than not at all. At the end of the day then if it doesn't work out you can switch to formula.

I could have written that myself :shock: :)

Thanks everyone, going to try again at least, i will feel better in myself even if something does get in the way again this time, at least ive tried eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back