Breast to bottle weaning

Wannabepreggers

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I apologise in advance if there's already a similar thread on here but I was wondering if anybody had any tips for breast to bottle weaning. Joe has only really fed off the breast but I want to start expressing so my mum can have him.

I've tried a handful of times & he took it from a bottle once (albeit, half the milk ran out of the side of his mouth) but it took ages for him to suck the right way (it never occured to me that babies suck differently on the breast as opposed to the bottle).

Oh by the way, I need to have this sorted by the 24th otherwise I won't be going to see Russell Howard :oooo:

Thank you x

not too sure but didnt want to read and run the medeal bottles or the breastflow bottles are meant to be the best for mimacing the sucking action

I found breastflow bottles were beat for getting her used to the feel of them. TTCTN flow to fast to start with but now she will use them fine. x

Thanks Momma k, I have those bottles already although I may have to get the fast flow teats (I currently have what comes with the bottles). I guess I'll just have to persevere.

Your little girl is gorgeous by the way xxx

When I was getting Lizzie used to having a bottle I had to wait until she was really hungry cos then she would start sucking before *thinking* about it too much. If she had time to realise that it wasn't booby then she'd get confused! She's ok now though *touch wood* :)
Also, Lizzie takes a bottle much better from other people - I think she feels a bit shortchanged with me cos she knows the booby is right there!

Chloe wont take a bottle if I want to skip a fees myself or give her juice I give her it in a tommee tipped 4m+ tippy cup she has used it from 2 3/4 months old coz she hates the bottle and it works great I just tip a little at at time she soon gets down it and love it I just bought her the new tommee tippee sippy cup with the rubbery bit and she looks offended when I tried it on her haha!!

Thanks Evie & Lizzie. I tried him earlier & he cried although he nearly got it. Will get hubby to try so he can't smell milk although he tried before & I got jealous & took Joe off him lol.

I have tried all sorts with Oscar and today for the first time, he drank from a bottle. It was an Avent bottle. I should have known really, my girls were exactly the same x

I have tried all sorts with Oscar and today for the first time, he drank from a bottle. It was an Avent bottle. I should have known really, my girls were exactly the same x

How long did it take for Oscar to take to the bottle? x

I've tried him with tommee tippee ones from about 6 weeks, admittedly not all the time, just in the odd occasion and he wither screamed or just chewed the teat.
Today (he us 7 months) I thought I'd give avent a go cos that's the only brand I knew with my daughters and they had no problems switching. So just out if curiosity tried today and he took a good few ounces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back