Breast Feed?? To Do or Not To Do!

Definitely the lansinoh cream, a couple of good feeding bras, don't bother with feeding tips as I have found these don't fit very well and aren't 'discreet' as advertised, I bought some cheap vests and wear them under my normal clothes so when I want to feed I pull the vest down and my top up and there is nothing on display when baby is feeding and my tummy is covered too. I also wouldn't be without my feeding pillow x

You will need Lansinoh (in.your hospital bag!),.nursing bras and.suitable clothing (strechy or button.down the fron.or crossover or just a feeding cover), breastpads.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I found a V pillow better than a breastfeeding pillow (and cheaper)as it moulded better to what I needed, either to get me comfy so I could support T or to support T so I could do something (like eat) :lol:
DH to leave me snacks made in the fridge before he went to work... muslins, to mop up spit or help discretness...

Here goes with probably a really stupid couple of questions...
1. How do I know what bra size I will be when boobs are full of milk?? I dunno wat to pack in hospital bag lol
2. Do I need to still take milk into hospital incase I cannot BF? xxx

1. get measured at about 37/38 weeks and choose a couple of soft bras, these will allow for expansion, and then get some more once you have established feeding and settled into a routine
2. no, babies don't need a great deal when first born, the small amount of colostrum you produce should be enough, if additional milk is needed and you are determined to BF the unit should provide formula, but should firstly be supporting you in getting your milk in through skin to skin and positioning x

Good for you for deciding to try BFing! I struggled a LOT at the beginning and LO lost a lot of weight. I was forced to top up with formula after two weeks, but persisted with expressing to build my supply and by 8 weeks I could put the formula away. It was bloody hard work, the hardest part of the whole thing, but for me it's worth it. Nothing is quite as lovely as the bonding you get when you BF your baby.

I've got some soft, sleep nursing bras (I think they are Emma Jane brand) that fit any cup size and I wear them at night, and also for the first couple of weeks where you're basically in bed/on the sofa the whole time. You must wear a bra at night or your boobs will drop to the floor! LOL. Mine have done that anyway but that's because of all the expressing and squeezing I had to do.

Good luck! xxx

I bought.Bravado first ( same as Emma Jane) and later got measured for proper ones.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

^^ I couldn't remember what brand they were, but they go in measurements of small to large or something similar with really strechy cups and are really comfy.... I have kept mine they were so good x

All the best with trying to bf hun!! I hope it goes well for u! I struggled at the start but managed it exclusively for nearly 6 months, then combi fed til 8 months and now just do formula!
I can't add much to what u will need, the ladies have it covered really! U can get measured at.mothercare and places for nursing bras but I just bought some from the jojomamanbebe website initially, they were soft and fitted a range of cup sizes and did me well! I bought nicer ones once my milk was established! Good luck with everything! Xxx

So my beautiful tiny princess arrived very early! Yesterday! I BF straight away and was quite proud of myself was discharged with her yesterday and she had me up ALL night seeming hungry and when I put her to the breast she was no longer interested or she sucked so hard I was in agony!! This morning my breasts are hurting sooooooooo bad! So..... Im being a wimp and have given up :( Oh well! lol xxx

you tried it at least. no regrets that way.
either way congrats on your lil girly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back