Breast & bottle feeding

Nicnax

Reaction score
Hello all,

Due to running my own business, & working a dance teacher, I will be returning to work early after having my first baby, EDD Jan 5th (7-8 weeks later). Because of my work schedule, I can happily be with baby during the day, & then hand over to my husband when I am teaching in the evenings.

What I am wondering is, being keen to breastfeed, how soon do you ladies think it is sensible to introduce a bottle? I hope to be able to breast feed during the day, & then express, for my husband to give the baby a bottle whilst I am work.

Has anyone any experience of this, & how soon did you start to do it?

Thanks

Hey that's what I do! Going back to work (own a beauty salon) at Xmas so started expressing and stocking up now....

Firstly if your breast feeding in the day you won't get that much milk on top to be able to feed baby that night, it's best to stock up and freeze your milk sooner than when you start work

They say introduce a baby to bottle between 4/6 weeks to avoid nipple confusion, I introduced expressed milk at 4 weeks and we have had no problems, I feed all day and lo takes 2 bottles at night of my milk, I express when she has her bottles and usually get a decent amount through the night

You will find you will need to express every few hours when your not feeding otherwise you will get very uncomfortable so you will want to take your pump with you, express which you can do in 10 mins and this can stay at room temp for 5/6 hours

Hope this helps!! X

we introduced a bottle of expressed milk around 4/5 weeks and he took to it no problem. x

We started with bottles at 2 weeks, and little one has had no problems taking both breast and expressed into bottle. So much easier at night as my hubby is doing the majority of night feeds now to give me a rest. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back